• 80(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
(2019-11-07, 10:16)teeedubb Wrote:
(2019-11-07, 09:24)publicENEMY Wrote: Hi. I want to have steam controller support so i need to have launch steam first. From steam, i launch kodi(to have steam controller support.). and from kodi, can i use your steamlauncher to switch back to steam? i dont want to close both steam and kodi. i want steam to update game in background and kodi to update movie in background.

can i use steam launcher to switch back to steam that is not launched by steam launcher?

Yep, that will work 100% in windows, I'm not sure with linux or mac. It does not matter what launched steam and whether it is in desktop or bpm modes, the addon (depending on what settings you have enabled) will either bring it to focus or switch to bpm. I have steam desktop mode to auto launch in the background on boot and just tested - bpm was launched. 

I set up my system to launch steam first, then kodi. in kodi i can switch to steam by calling steam launcher. and in steam i can switch back to kodi by launching kodi. both of them stay resident all the time. it works perfect now.

thanks.
Hey guys, using this on Kodi 18 on PopOS 19.10. Installed the addon (3.4.1) and get nothing but an "ERROR: Check kodi.log for details" I have tailed and viewed the log and dont even see any mention of the addon script attempting to launch. Very strange. Also cant get the script to launch manually. Attempting some of the commands that the author has recommended have also led nowhere. Can upload logs if requested.
Make sure that debug logging in kodi is enabled
(2019-11-21, 11:38)teeedubb Wrote: Make sure that debug logging in kodi is enabled

Gotcha, figured it out. The pointer for Steam was pointing to the wrong path. Changed it and all is good!
Any chance this will get updated to use with 'steamlink'?

I am on nvidia shield, and the only steam app is called steamlink. Unfortunatly this adding will not open it.
(2019-12-31, 01:47)swpstkr Wrote: Any chance this will get updated to use with 'steamlink'?

I am on nvidia shield, and the only steam app is called steamlink. Unfortunatly this adding will not open it.

Hi,
I will add support for the steamlink app in the future, In the mean time you could edit line 329 of main.py to launch the steamlink app
nevermind
(2020-02-13, 02:59)ninjafuchs Wrote: nevermind

Curious, what was the issue?
Is there a way, that this addon doesnt restart kodi.
iam using kodi 18.5 on an xubuntu 18.04 system. And I also use the youtube addon and the retro gaming.
when i minimize steam everything is great. Except my controller is still in use in the bp steam overlay and i cannot use the controller in the retro emulator (in this session).
so when i exit steam. kodi gets restartet and so youtube says it has an (errno98 login) and i cannot use  the functions i have, when iam logged into youtube.

I know its a very minor problem, and iam using your addon for more than 2 years and i absolutely love it.
but its driving me nuts sometimes.
Have you looked at updating the plugin to Python 3 so it keeps working with the next Kodi release?
I had to upgrade to this branch https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349861 to get HDR support for my new TV but didn't realize it would break a lot of plugins...

Your plugin makes the switching between Kodi and Steam really seamless, it would be a shame to lose it Smile
@ninjafuchs If the addon is set to not close kodi it shouldnt restart. Can you post a debug log of the issue happening?

@error1 The addon will be updated - I use it on my HTPC. I usually wait till kodi is in beta before I update the addon, but with what is going on in the world right now it might get done sooner.
Hi. Thanks for the great add-on.

I know there's a way to pass arguments to steam but how could I set the following when launching via Steam Lanucher

env SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS=0 /usr/games/steam

Cheers
(2020-03-28, 19:11)woZa Wrote: Hi. Thanks for the great add-on.

I know there's a way to pass arguments to steam but how could I set the following when launching via Steam Lanucher

Cheers

Aside from editing the actual add-on, I think the best bet would be to create a wrapper script.

Something like the following And point the add-on to use that instead.

#!/bin/bash
env SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS=0 /usr/games/steam $@

I'm curious, what does that variable do?
(2020-03-29, 03:36)teeedubb Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 19:11)woZa Wrote: Hi. Thanks for the great add-on.

Cheers

Aside from editing the actual add-on, I think the best bet would be to create a wrapper script.

Something like the following And point the add-on to use that instead.

#!/bin/bash
env SDL_VIDEO_MINIMIZE_ON_FOCUS_LOSS=0 /usr/games/steam $@

I'm curious, what does that variable do?  
Thanks, I'll give that a go. It's to keep focus of the Steam window when running in big picture mode after exiting a game

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-f...ssues/4611

*EDIT - That's worked perfectly, thanks
delete me
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7