• 83(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
(2020-12-28, 12:29)Kidlike Wrote:
(2020-10-21, 00:45)teeedubb Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 22:22)LupinSansei Wrote: I know this is probably a silly question as I'm sure you'll do it once the stable version hits. But are you planning on moving Steam Launcher to Matrix?

Yes, definitely. I have a beta in this post. I should probably put it in the first post.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2956167

I haven't tested it thoroughly so any feedback would be good.

Hi! Not sure where's the best place to place a report or contact you @teeedubb.

In any case, I am trying the steam launcher addon for Matrix, but doesn't work.

You can find all logs and my system details here: https://github.com/teeedubb/teeedubb-xbm.../issues/23

v3.5.1 has been pushed to the repo and is on the front page:
Quote:3.5.1
Fix for crashing by @ hedmo - Thanks!
Updated a setting title
First dl link is dead.
Tried the other one and it doesnt detect my wmctrl or xdotool
(2020-12-30, 07:53)Big Tofu Wrote: First dl link is dead.

Thanks for the info - links are now fixed.
Can you post a debug log of the error occurring?

Cheers
(2020-12-30, 08:48)teeedubb Wrote:
(2020-12-30, 07:53)Big Tofu Wrote: First dl link is dead.

Thanks for the info - links are now fixed.
Can you post a debug log of the error occurring?

Cheers
Sure
I am using Kodi 18

2020-12-30 19:06:05.706 T:140191129913088   DEBUG: script.steam.launcher: ERROR: System program "wmctrl" not present, install it via you system package manager or if you are running the SteamOS compositor disable the addon option "Check for program wmctrl" (ONLY FOR CERTAIN USE CASES!!)
If I disable the addon option for wmctrl
2020-12-30 19:08:55.702 T:140694638544640   DEBUG: script.steam.launcher: ERROR: Minimised Kodi enabled and system program "xdotool" not present, install it via you system package manager. Xdotool is required to minimise Kodi.

I'm still getting the errors on launcher version 3.4.1. Launcher version 3.5.1 fails to install because it can't find python3 even though I have it installed.
It's worth noting I installed Kodi from flatpak so it is in an unusual directory.
3.5.1 wont work with v18, so thats expected.
Im guessing that running as a flatpak prevents access to programs outside the flatpak - can you try installing kodi from the ppa and see if the error repeats?
(2021-01-04, 07:56)teeedubb Wrote: 3.5.1 wont work with v18, so thats expected.
Im guessing that running as a flatpak prevents access to programs outside the flatpak - can you try installing kodi from the ppa and see if the error repeats?

Thanks I think you're probably right, I'll give it a try when I get the chance and let you know
It works! Thank you!
(2020-10-14, 20:57)nadonate Wrote: I have a light ubuntu install that boots right into Kodi without loading the windows manager (xfce).

I'd like to avoid having to log into the desktop (or have the desktop be visible) when I use steam launcher. Has anyone found a seamless way to do this? A couple pages back @teeedubb mentioned using steam compositor instead of a windows manager, is it possible to incorporate that into my build, or is it SteamOS only?
Hi nadonate,
so i know i am a little late to the party. But i use kodi and steam in the same way as you do. it isnt flawless but for me the best I got until now. so you boot into kodi at startup. so that it wont crash after starting the steam addon. you need to install openbox on your mashine and start it with kodi.
I do it like that: sudo nano /usr/bin/kodi-standalone
and add this: openbox &
right aufter the comments and before: APP=Kodi

Unfortunatly you have to do this everytime you update kodi.

I think that is why I get some problems when I exit steam instead of suspend steam as I stated in post #1,194 on page 80.
I might've asked before but is there a script or something I can run to keep Steam's desktop ui minimized after exiting BPM and returning back to Steam? Right now I'm running PopOS with Gnome. I always have to use a mouse to move the window back lol. I'm not too good with scripting in Linux.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
From what I can tell, no. Its been a while, but from memory there is no was to detect the difference between steam, bpm and bpm being minimised in linux. I have the commands I have tried contained at the end of steam-launcher.sh if you want to have a try.
(2021-01-23, 01:21)teeedubb Wrote: From what I can tell, no. Its been a while, but from memory there is no was to detect the difference between steam, bpm and bpm being minimised in linux. I have the commands I have tried contained at the end of steam-launcher.sh if you want to have a try.

Yeah, that would be cool! I'm not sure why Valve still hasn't added it as an option.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
Sorry to bump but another thing I was thinking of is maybe a script if possible to Keep Kodi on top? Cause basically Steam's desktop ui stays on top of Kodi. I guess it also depends on the DE? I use different ones like KDE,Gnome and Cinnamon. Sucks Kodi doesn't have an option to keep it on top of other windows.
(2021-01-25, 23:47)LupinSansei Wrote: Sorry to bump but another thing I was thinking of is maybe a script if possible to Keep Kodi on top? Cause basically Steam's desktop ui stays on top of Kodi. I guess it also depends on the DE? I use different ones like KDE,Gnome and Cinnamon. Sucks Kodi doesn't have an option to keep it on top of other windows.

You can use wmctrl to achieve this, it's what I use to force focus in the add-on.
(2021-01-29, 13:26)teeedubb Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 23:47)LupinSansei Wrote: Sorry to bump but another thing I was thinking of is maybe a script if possible to Keep Kodi on top? Cause basically Steam's desktop ui stays on top of Kodi. I guess it also depends on the DE? I use different ones like KDE,Gnome and Cinnamon. Sucks Kodi doesn't have an option to keep it on top of other windows.

You can use wmctrl to achieve this, it's what I use to force focus in the add-on.

Awesome! Can you tell me how to do it? I don't see an option anywhere in the add-on settings. Sorry if I'm being a pain here.
(2021-01-29, 18:26)LupinSansei Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 13:26)teeedubb Wrote:

Awesome! Can you tell me how to do it? I don't see an option anywhere in the add-on settings. Sorry if I'm being a pain here.

Oh I thought you meant outside of the Kodi add-on. When exactly is Kodi losing focus? IIRC the add-on already forces focus on Kodi and certain points.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7