• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
Thanks for a great script Big Grin

but can someone help me? a newbie
need to have the script

xpadder.exe shut and start again when xbmc open in the batch file
Should be possible, but to clarify you want xpadder running only while xbmc is running yeah?
votes.

close xpadder.exe when steam starts and run xpadder.exe when xbmc starts again

can be so easy to just make a script to change to a xpadder.profile?
I'll look at adding a pre-steam and post-steam commands to the add on but if you want to try your self the batch file you need to edit is:

Code:
%appdata%\XBMC\addons\script.SteamLauncher\resources\scripts\applaunch-vbs.bat

Use what's already in the batch file to guide you and as an example of what to add.
New version, 0.1.2, in first post.

Now xbmc will restart after steam is closed on both windows and linux.
Several minor changes.
Due to new scripting being used the addon may work with OSX, but I havent tested.
thanks for the awesome script I have been using it great on my windows alienware x51 box to go between xbmc and steam. Works well without hiccup.. using xbmclauncher.
I installed Steam on XBMCbuntu - added the addon and ran it, it exits XBMC, Steam runs (black screen) and then I think XBMC restarts again (I can hear the GUI clicks when I press left and right)

any fixes?
I haven't tested with xbmcbuntu, only Linux desktop environments, but I will when I get home. Can you start the desktop environment included in xbmcbuntu from the lightdm login screen, launch xbmc and run the steam launcher add on that way?
(2013-07-07, 01:20)mohanman Wrote: thanks for the awesome script I have been using it great on my windows alienware x51 box to go between xbmc and steam. Works well without hiccup.. using xbmclauncher.

The launcher was working excellent however over the past few days, I'm running into problems. If steam does an update, and then launches steam, it will also go back to XBMC. Is there any work around? Any better options?
(2013-07-11, 13:18)mohanman Wrote:
(2013-07-07, 01:20)mohanman Wrote: thanks for the awesome script I have been using it great on my windows alienware x51 box to go between xbmc and steam. Works well without hiccup.. using xbmclauncher.

The launcher was working excellent however over the past few days, I'm running into problems. If steam does an update, and then launches steam, it will also go back to XBMC. Is there any work around? Any better options?

Steam restarts itself when it updates, which causes the script to think steam has been exited, thus restarting xbmc. Steam only allows one instance to be open, does relaunching the add on work as desired?
Could someone modify this great addon a bit for me?

Mainly I want to make it look a bit more seamless, so I was thinking couldn't the order change a bit. So when the addon is run, it opens steam big picture in the background and once opens closes XBMC, and likewise of Steam Exit, open XBMC in background and when open exit steam.

Or perhaps it could be easier to have a full screen "loading" display to hide all the turning off/on going on (including hiding the command prompt window)?

Thanks
I think the first suggestion would be very hard to make work without external programs, eg the correct program gaining/not having focus at the right time since they are both full screen applications.

As for hiding the command window this is something that I would like to do in the future - this add on is still a work in progress, as well as a learning experience. I currently have eventghost set as my windows shell with a plain black wallpaper so the windows desktop is hidden, and switch to the windows desktop when I need to tinker.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_a_shell)
@Stildawn if youre using windows and keen to try something out (I won't be home for a few more days) you can try and replace the second line of default.py with:

Code:
os.system('hstart /NOWINDOW /D="%appdata%/XBMC/addons/script.SteamLauncher/resources/scripts/applaunch-vbs.bat"')

Default.py is located at:

Code:
%appdata%\XBMC\addons\script.SteamLauncher\default.py
I did the above last night quickly. It hasnt seemed to work, when I run the add on from XBMC the command window pops up and does something real quick (to quick to read) and then disappears but nothing happens.

However now that I think about it, Steam might have already been running so could that throw it off?
Possibly, I need to look into what happens if the add on is run when steam is open as updates to steam will cause xbmc to restart.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7