• 20(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
(2014-05-12, 10:26)teeedubb Wrote: Steam Launcher + XBMCbuntu v13

Thanks for this great write up teeedubb. Life's got in the way of me installing steam on my minimal installation, but when I get some time, I'm going to tryout xbmcbuntu again give this a shot.
(2014-05-14, 08:17)Faire Wrote: Hello

I just installed this addon in Gotham, using Windows 8.1.

It sucessfully launches steam BP and from there I launch Assetto Corsa (race sim). The game launches But it crashes whenever I try to start a race. This doesn't happen if I start Steam by clicking the desktop icon. It only happens if I start Steam using Steam Launcher. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have that game and it has been really crash prone for me too - I never thought steam-launcher could be causing the issue because none of my other games exhibit anything remotely similar. I posted about it on the AC forums (although I never mentioned xbmc or steam launcher) And they said it was a problem with python and after in stalling external python and jumping through some hoops I was able to start a race, but it still crashed a lot. Before installing python the only references to python i could find on my system were from xbmc and ambibox. I'll look into it but I have no idea what the problem could be - unless AC really doesn't like autohotkey. Could you try running AC from steam BPM (no xbmc) and again with xbmc running in the background(not via steam-launcher)?
Here is my thread on ac forums, maybe asking about the issue there could shed some light on the problem, because its got me stumped.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index....able.5478/

(2014-05-14, 10:08)GCMX Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 10:26)teeedubb Wrote: Steam Launcher + XBMCbuntu v13

Thanks for this great write up teeedubb. Life's got in the way of me installing steam on my minimal installation, but when I get some time, I'm going to tryout xbmcbuntu again give this a shot.

Cheers. Let me know how it goes, I don't use xbmcbuntu so I can't test everything extensively, although I do use a lot of that info on my machine. I've nutted out how to have pulseaudio and alsa both automatically work in xbmc with no user input on my system, so it's possible to have the best of both worlds, but I haven't tested it on xbmcbuntu yet. Ill update that post when I get around to trying it out.
the xpad drivers you listed in your v13 update, do those work for Wireless 360 controllers as well? or just standard wired?
Yeah, works with my counterfeit receiver and what I think to be a genuine controller (damn eBay!)
so everything is good so far, in the process of setting everything up.

One thing, I followed your instructions for setting up the openbox menu, but my right click menu didn't change.
Any ideas where to check?
Try deleting the menu.xml file and recreating the file. Also you need to restart the openbox session for the changes to take effect.
this is the menu.xml
http://pastebin.com/0YMqUHJ3

i've also restarted the box a few times at this point, right click menu doesn't change.
I can't see anything obvious in the pastebin link on my phone, ill test it out on my PC when i get a chance.
Youre missing the opening tag:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<openbox_menu xmlns="http://openbox.org/"
        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://openbox.org/
                file:///usr/share/openbox/menu.xsd">
(2014-05-15, 06:49)teeedubb Wrote: Yeah, works with my counterfeit receiver and what I think to be a genuine controller (damn eBay!)

For some reason, I have to run the reconfig command every once in a while--can't get the steamos xpad drivers to stick!
Yeah I noticed the same, although I haven't noticed it for a while and thought it had been resolved. Is it after kernel updates? That's when it happened for me. Strange because the driver is part of dkms so it should be compiled automatically on each kernel upgrade. I've read that the driver should make it into the 3.15 kernel, so hopefully with the next LTS point release it won't be necessary anymore.
(2014-05-19, 12:38)teeedubb Wrote: Youre missing the opening tag:

figures it'd be something stupid i missed. Thanks for the education.

super-media-everything-box is now 90% complete!
Updated XBMCbuntu 13 guide with PulseAudio info.
I don't know what part isn't working, but I switched up the OpenBox to make it the default but for some reason it doesn't start on reboot nor does XBMC stay killed when I start steam. Could there be something that would prevent this? I followed the guide from the previous page.
Whats the output of

ls /usr/share/xsessions/

and

cat /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7