[SeatDefaults]
xserver-command=/usr/bin/X -bs -nolisten tcp
autologin-user=stryakr
autologin-user-timeout=0
user-session=Openbox
greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter
allow-guest=false
default-user=stryakr
Everything looks identical to mine, apart from username. Can you select openbox from the login screen (wrench in top right corner)? Or how about running openbox (you can do this wile xbmc is running) with

DISPLAY=:0 openbox
just wanted to update. I didn't use either the asound or pulse audio method in the writeup, but I still have sound out of Steam BPM just fine. Other people may have issues, but when I installed Steam, I didn't make an config changes and it picked up the audio just fine.

On a different note, my game pad works just fine within Steam, is there anything special I have to do to get it to work within xbmc?
Do you get sound from games launched via BPM with the stock audio config? I'd get sound out of BPM but not from games. Also were you able to switch to openbox OK using the method in the walkthrough?

For the 360 controller you probably need to add the device name to the 360 keymap file, see
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135871
hm.. you would be correct. I had sound from BPM, but not game when I went to stream it.
I'll go back and do the asound (using xbmcbuntu).

And I was, yes, I ended up starting from scratch again, and it worked fine the second time, so not sure what I screwed up the first time.

On a side note, would it be possible to have your addon script process a return .sh file when returning to xbmc?
I'd like to shut down my vpn connecting when starting steam, which is easy enough to do by editing steam-launch.sh, but I don't see anywhere where your script executes a return .sh file where I could bring it back up again.
I would personally use the pulseaudio method - you get the highest possible quality sound from xbmc and audio/surround sound/microphone 'just works' in steam.

Xbmc is restarted at line 87 (as per github), after the 'touch' command, you could put your script in there. Only thing is that xbmc wont have a VPN is you 'return to desktop' from steam.
(2014-05-12, 10:26)teeedubb Wrote: Steam Launcher + XBMCbuntu v13

*Install Steam
Code:
wget http://media.steampowered.com/client/installer/steam.deb && sudo dpkg -i steam.deb
I get...

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of steam-launcher:
steam-launcher depends on zenity; however:
Package zenity is not installed.

I have to run...

apt-get -f install

...then it will install.
Quote:Set the Openbox background to black and XBMC to auto start:
Code:
echo "export DISPLAY=:0" >> $HOME/.config/openbox/autostart.sh && echo "xsetroot -solid black &" >> $HOME/.config/openbox/autostart.sh && echo "/usr/bin/xbmc &" >> $HOME/.config/openbox/autostart.sh && chmod +x $HOME/.config/openbox/autostart.sh
I get...

bash: /root/.config/openbox/autostart.sh: No such file or directory

... and I am stuck here.

Quote:*Optional: Install Valve's xpad driver from this PPA, it fixes the flashing ring of light issue n 360 controllers:
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mdeslaur/steamos
The PPA is currently for precise only so you need to update the source file with which version of Ubuntu you're using:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mdeslaur-steamos-trusty.list
and replace the entires for trusty with precise
Update and install driver:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install steamos-xpad-dkms

Works great but I have to disable and enable gamepad support every time I restart or the controller does nothing.... correction, it is every time the controller disconnects.

This is all from a totally fresh install by the way.
1, cheers I missed that.
2, looks like you're running that command as the root user, it needs to be run by the normal user, the one you setup during xbmcbuntu install.
3, I think that's a Linux thing - I too need to restart xbmc if I turn on the controller while xbmc is running, while it works in windows. I didn't know dis/enabling controller support got it working - it may be possible to make a udev rule to toggle it when a controller is connected
Question 
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me I searched this tread but couldn't find an answer that i could understand. I'm running XBMC on Windows. I installed this add on to get Steam launched, but whenever i try to launch steam using this i just says working for about 10 seconds then just stops and nothing happens. I check the config for the path to Steam, and that is accurate, but I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks
Some other people reported that problem but I can't replicate it on win 7/8. Can you post your xbmc logfile of it happening? Also, after posting your log file, enable 'use batch file to launch scripts' in the addons settings (info in first post) and see if that helps.
Hey there, great addon!

I'm trying to change my Windows audio device, when I start steam with this addon and change the audio device back when steam closes.

The audio device can be change with a little program found here: AudioChanger
If you run it for example like this: "EndPointController.exe 0" it chooses the audio device with id=0.

So the question is, where do I need to add the two calls (change and change back) for this audio changer in the addon scripts?

Greets,
Facehacker
Lines 7 and 42 of steam-launch.ahk. you'll need to have autohotkey installed to recompile the ahk file into a exe.
Question 
(2014-05-27, 21:12)teeedubb Wrote: Some other people reported that problem but I can't replicate it on win 7/8. Can you post your xbmc logfile of it happening? Also, after posting your log file, enable 'use batch file to launch scripts' in the addons settings (info in first post) and see if that helps.

I'll get to the log file when i get home tonight. How do i set up the batch file? Im not too familiar with using batch files in general. Thanks
Thumbs Up 
(2014-05-27, 21:29)teeedubb Wrote: Lines 7 and 42 of steam-launch.ahk. you'll need to have autohotkey installed to recompile the ahk file into a exe.

Awesome, works great! Thought the .ahk file was some kind of config file, didn't think of compiling it Big Grin

Again, great addon, keep up the good work!!

Greets
@thwiip just open the batch file in notepad etc and make changes to suit yyour system, the file has instructions inside. You can probably paste the address from the first post into the file explorer location bar and it should open. I'd need to double check but you will probably need to enable the batch file option in the addons settings and run the addon once to create the batch file, then edit it.

@Facehacker, cheers, glad you enjoy it
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7