• 79(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
Is that the steam link program for the raspberry pi?
Yes, the shortcut it created for itself launches /usr/bin/steamlink
I don't have a RPI to test it on, so Is the steam link application available for Ubuntu? A quick Google shows that it's only for a RPI runnning Debian stretch?
I didn't realize this, but yes, it appears that it's only for the Pi at the moment (I had assumed it was a more general release). It's a fork of Debian Stretch that the Raspberry Pi Foundation maintains called Raspbian.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/353380/di...992195182/
Raspbian cannot be installed in virtualbox due to targeting only the cpu contained within the rpi.

Are you able to make the changes required to steam-launch.sh to get the addon working with the steam link application?
Is it a matter of simply pointing the steam-launch.sh script at /usr/bin/steamlink rather than the normal Steam binary (I can do this)? Or is it more advanced than that?
I think a new block of code would be required due to the steamlink app being named different to steam. I was thinking it may be possible to enable desktop mode and point the addon to the steamlink application, as the steam application name is hard coded in the script - but please try it out and let me know how it goes.
A question from a Windows user. Does the launcher make a call to explorer? I have launcher4kodi set as shell and explorer starts up at some point during the Steam launcher process.

Edit: disregard. I forgot about the setting that launches explorer when Kodi is shut down. It's nothing to do with the steam launcher.
Just wanna say thanks for a great plugin.
(2019-07-20, 13:43)publicENEMY Wrote: Just wanna say thanks for a great plugin.

😀
3.4.1 in first post and repo.
Quote:Retrieve DISPLAY from parent process instead of searching through sessions - by racer290 - thanks!
Remove path from KODI_BIN so kodi is force closed correctly
Hi. First-time Kodi/Raspberry Pi user. I'm trying to install and run this addon as a prerequisite for an assignment.

I've been able to get the addon and your git repo installed. However, attempting to run the former just causes Kodi to throw an error to the log file. I decided to follow the instructions and notify about the issue here.

Here's a link to the latest log file I've gleaned from the system: xiyafarexi (paste)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(2019-10-04, 15:11)Romero's B!tch Wrote: Hi. First-time Kodi/Raspberry Pi user. I'm trying to install and run this addon as a prerequisite for an assignment.

I've been able to get the addon and your git repo installed. However, attempting to run the former just causes Kodi to throw an error to the log file. I decided to follow the instructions and notify about the issue here.

Here's a link to the latest log file I've gleaned from the system: xiyafarexi (paste)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
AFAIK there is no steam client on a RPi. There is the streaming client and this addon probably could be used to launch that, but I do not have a RPi to work with so I cant add it on my own.
Hi. I want to have steam controller support so i need to have launch steam first. From steam, i launch kodi(to have steam controller support.). and from kodi, can i use your steamlauncher to switch back to steam? i dont want to close both steam and kodi. i want steam to update game in background and kodi to update movie in background.

can i use steam launcher to switch back to steam that is not launched by steam launcher?
(2019-11-07, 09:24)publicENEMY Wrote: Hi. I want to have steam controller support so i need to have launch steam first. From steam, i launch kodi(to have steam controller support.). and from kodi, can i use your steamlauncher to switch back to steam? i dont want to close both steam and kodi. i want steam to update game in background and kodi to update movie in background.

can i use steam launcher to switch back to steam that is not launched by steam launcher?

Yep, that will work 100% in windows and linux, I'm not sure with mac. It does not matter what launched steam and whether it is in desktop or bpm modes, the addon (depending on what settings you have enabled) will either bring it to focus or switch to bpm. I have steam desktop mode to auto launch in the background on boot and just tested - bpm was launched.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7