• 85(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
Is there any chance that some day this could work on LibreELEC, for the generic PC installs?  I don't really expect to see Steam working on a Raspberry Pi but if there is a way to get the binaries where they need to go shouldn't stuff work on LibreELEC?  I just don't have any idea how to get the files where they need to go with something like LibreELEC.
(2021-04-07, 21:50)bornagainpengui Wrote: Is there any chance that some day this could work on LibreELEC, for the generic PC installs?  I don't really expect to see Steam working on a Raspberry Pi but if there is a way to get the binaries where they need to go shouldn't stuff work on LibreELEC?  I just don't have any idea how to get the files where they need to go with something like LibreELEC.

The addon would work, but as I understand it, its not so easy to get steam running on libreelec due to all the dependencies it has. I haven't checked for a few years so things could have changed.
Maybe using this addons, or maybe using another addon or .....
Help
How runs steam games from kodi without opening BPM?
Version v3.5.1 has a HDR bug, the addon works fine on latest Kodi 19.1 but if you launch a HDR movie after closing "Steam big picture" it completely messes up the color.
It doesn't matter if I "close" or "minimize" kodi in settings. Once Kodi reopens the colors are messed up on that monitor/TV if you launch anything HDR (SDR content has no issues).
Seems like something happens when kodi turns on Windows HDR after running the addon. By the way, the colors stay that way even if you close Kodi and the only way to fix is to restart the PC!
Is it known/can anyone else reproduce? A solution would be helpful, thanks Smile
I'm trying to use this add-on. In most themes it does not work. It is fine in Estuary, but I've tried Amber, Aeon Nox: SiLVO, Aeon Tajo, and Confluence, and they all have the same behavior. When I go to Games, Game Add-ons, and select Steam, they all say "This game is not compatible with any available emulators." I'm running Kodi in Arch Linux on an Udoo Bolt.
Does this still work? 
I downloaded script.steam.launcher-3.5.1.zip and installes it in Kodi. After that, steam is not located in addons > programs but in addons >> games… And since it’s not in programs folder, I can not reach that dir.

I also would like to know the link to the repom I couldn’t find it
Hi mr.pina,

I have the same problem, but I have a workaround: I went to Settings (Cog wheel on main screen) -> Addons -> (My/User-Addons (*)) -> All -> Steam, opened the context menu (push the 'c' key) and added it to the "Favourites". Then I can start steam from the favourites. Not as nice, but it works.

(*) Please note that I don't have a running Kodi at hand, and if, it would be set to German. So the way to get to the  Plugin may differ.
I have a major problem with the plugin, since I updated from Kido Leia to Matrix (19.1) and Debian oldstable to stable  (i.e. bullseye):

I start Steam from Kodi with the Steam plugin. Then I start my Game (Divinity Original Sin 2). It starts fine, but after a few seconds (25% of the initial progress bar), there is an error message box from Proton/Wine saying that there was an error creating a file or directory in the savegame folder. Of course, you cannot copy/paste from that messagebox, why would you want to do that?!?. I didn't find the message in any logfile... It sounds somehow like a permission problem for the user, but I can hardly imagine that he user is changed...

It gets really strange, when I instead close Kodi, open a shell (as the kodi user) and start steam via the steam plugin manually: then everything runs fine...

Sorry that I'm a bit vague, but I currently don't have access to my kodi installation. I'll happily answer questions more in detail later. If you need more information: I' an experienced Linux user and Python developer (just have no experience with Kodi), so I should be able to patch the hell out of the steam plugin, if you give me some instructions Wink

Thanks for reading,
The Grue
check this thread
I haven't been able to get this plugin to work. It just spins and then does nothing. I suspect that it might be because I've installed Kodi from the Windows App Store, so the path to kodi.exe might not be functioning properly. Has anyone else had this issues on a Windows Store installed Kodi?

Relevant logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/isasowotev.kodi
There's a link on the first page to a launcher to use for ms store Kodi instead of the actual Kodi executable. But imho, the ms store is a steaming pile of trash, avoid it if you can.
I just wanted to say that this addon is great if I haven't before.

My main HTPC is a Ryzen 9 3900X with GTX 1080, the bedroom HTPC is a 4790 with Radeon R9 390X, both run Win10, go directly to Kodi on boot, and this add on makes Steam an easy thing and basically makes these into my favorite game consoles while also being multi-media power houses.  It just really adds a lot of value to my Kodi setups.
How do i get it working on android it just spins
Does the Add-On work with the new big-picture-mode launch-parameter "-gamepadui"?
After the most recent beta update the new UI seems to be the standard interface. Steam gets launched properly and Kodi closes, but the listener script does not seem to pick up when Steam closes so it could start Kodi again.
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7