[vnsi] playback of active recording stops too early
Hi Experts,

I'm using vdr since a couple of years and got --in the context of a raspberry device-- more connected to xvmc since December.

A lot of things work pretty well with the vdr<->xbmc connection via vnsi but two items cause my wife asking for the raspberry pre-decessor (Haupauge Media-MVP, bad picture):

1) If playing back a recording, which is still active, playback stops too early. It stops at the duration the list of recordings was fetched.

Example: Total duration of recording 90min, playback triggered after 10min, playback stops after 10min;

retriggered playback (total duration displayed now 20min), fast forward to previous location, playback again stops after 10min, …

Is this a bug or is this a "known limitation" of the current version, the current API etc.?
Is a solution already on the radar of "nice to haves"?

2) When selecting recordings, loading of the list of recordings takes relatively long on the raspberry (15s for estimated 200-300 recordings). Not very long for that amount but it's feels like ages if you have to watch the moving circle every time you switch to Live TV->recordings. On other devices (win32, mac) this time seems to be negligible.

As I do not expect the vnsi-plugins are different for different devices, I assume the duration is related to processing time of the list of recordings not the actual loading via the network. As the list of recordings does not change rapidly from day to day, I'm wondering if storing of that list on the local raspberry file system could solve that delay.

Also here: a known limitation or not possible with the current PVR-API?

Thanks,
Thomas
1) Recordings in progress do not work because ffmpeg does not re-evaluate duration. The upcoming timeshift version of vnsi will provide a way to watch recordings in progress (see timeshift thread)

2)
Have you tried organizing your recordings in folders? You don't have 300 recordings in a single folder, do you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[vnsi] playback of active recording stops too early0