• 18(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
I'm using the latest Windows version on a Zotac BI320 with Kodi 14.1. No issues here!
(2015-02-13, 22:44)DruTheFu Wrote: What is the recommended MySQL version to use currently? Will v5.6.23 work? Running Kodi 14.1 on AFTV boxes.

Thanks

It should, I'm running MySQL 5.7.5-m15 myself.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Hi!

I have a kodibuntu and a mac version, the version numbers are the same but the compilation date differs (29 jan on mac and 30 jan on kodibuntu).The mac creates its own sql library and the kodibuntu version creates its own as well. Is there a way to force one of the libraries to use a certain database?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section but I've searched and searched with no luck

Edit: I run Kodi Helix 14.1 on both. Git:2015-01-30-38e4046
You have to create an advancedsettings.xml file and add some code to it to share the database by the hosts IP on your network.

You'll get all the info you need from the wiki.
I lost my TV and Movie tab on the homescreen due to a corrupted DB. Currently rescraping nfo. I forgot to backup my DB before running MySQL for the first time Sad. I have a username and password setup on Kodi, so is:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.3</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
  </advancedsettings>

Or should I use:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.3</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>RamboUnchained</user>
    <pass>personalpassword</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <videolibrary>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I'm on 14.1 Helix stable. My Armada Mach 8 Android box comes in the mail tomorrow and will be running the same version. My MySQL version is 5.6.23.
You should use the same username and password you used when initially configuring the MySQL server for use with Kodi. This is usually xbmc/xbmc or kodi/kodi, however if you used RamboUnchained then use that. Only you know for sure.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello All, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am currently running 3 machines. 1 htpc windows 7 and 2 raspberry pis running raspmbc. all running kodi. Ive been trying to set this up for a long time and am closer than ever just something i cant figure out. i have the library set on the htpc and have mariadb running and showing a count. when i turn on the pis i can see my tvshows but when i try to play one it says file no longer in library. Ive tried looking around but cant seem to figure it out. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Copy your sources.xml.
I mentioned this earlier with some one that had the same issue.
I also had this issue.
I made a folder with all the files needed for the shared library incl add-ons with settings.
So I just need to copy that and done.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2015-02-17, 14:12)spankeds10 Wrote: Hello All, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am currently running 3 machines. 1 htpc windows 7 and 2 raspberry pis running raspmbc. all running kodi. Ive been trying to set this up for a long time and am closer than ever just something i cant figure out. i have the library set on the htpc and have mariadb running and showing a count. when i turn on the pis i can see my tvshows but when i try to play one it says file no longer in library. Ive tried looking around but cant seem to figure it out. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

It's going to be one of two things - a permissions problem (most likely smb), or you scraped the library on the Windows PC using a local Windows drive (C:\, D:\ etc.) which the Pi's can't access (the path needs to be smb://, nfs:// etc.).

Can't say more without seeing your debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
thank you for the quick response guys. milhouse - i think you maybe right. I just got into work so when i get home i will check that and ill check the sources.xml that trash has suggested. Thanks again
finally got it! not gonna lie ive been working on this for almost a year haha.. before i couldnt get kodi to work with mysql then this. this time i didnt add the library thru smb. once i did that it all started coming together. thank you guys for the help should have came here long ago.
Congrats. It makes life much easier when you have a bunch of installs to keep up.
Guys in new to android and I need help, when I turn on my box it used to give me 2 menus (3DLauncer/launcher) iv done something an now it goes straight to the launcher page and when I click the menu button nothing happens, I don't seem to be able to get into xbmc from this page? Any ideas how I get back to the 2 menu Interface, thanks.
You might try a forum for Android boxes as this isn't a Kodi/XBMC problem. Freaktab.com is a great and very informative Android TV box forum. Right now it seems to have been down, very unusual, for a couple of days.
(2015-02-17, 08:55)RamboUnchained Wrote: I lost my TV and Movie tab on the homescreen due to a corrupted DB. Currently rescraping nfo. I forgot to backup my DB before running MySQL for the first time Sad. I have a username and password setup on Kodi, so is:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.3</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <videolibrary>
  </videolibrary>
  </advancedsettings>

Or should I use:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.3</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>RamboUnchained</user>
    <pass>personalpassword</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <videolibrary>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I'm on 14.1 Helix stable. My Armada Mach 8 Android box comes in the mail tomorrow and will be running the same version. My MySQL version is 5.6.23.

ok, I think I might have found a bug in 14.1 and 14.2 beta to do with this..
Been testing it all day..
So far this is my setup.. which has worked on Gotham and previous builds up until the move to Helix builds..

1: Synology on DSM 5.1 MySQL lastest MariaDB version.

Machines: Win64 HTPC - Main machine running H14.1
fresh install will not write to the database.. will only write to the internal database, V90 and M48..
Android H14.1 - all will write and see central db

Tested via fresh installs and deletion of databases in the Synology and also within the internal install on videos..
Win64 machine..
Will not write a new database to central server.. tried install and uninstalls, cleans and will only update to internal DB..
the following is as same as posts above for the Advancedsettlings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.1.1.10</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>kodi</user>
        <pass>kodi</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>10.1.1.10</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>kodi</user>
        <pass>kodi</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
     <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://10.1.1.10/Thumbs/</to>
     </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

<videolibrary>
  </videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>
<!-- Mine --->

Also tried to change it to "
webserver name' but no dice..

But ...
As soon as I kick on the Android version with same advanced setting.. no drama..
Android 14.1 will write a new Database to server and will populate... go figure?

on the win machine I have advancedsettings where it should be.. *\appdata\roaming\kodi\userdata

so it should be picking it up and running with it..

Any clues on how to bet this one?
Thanks in advance..
will post a log from the machine in question as looks like something in it might be making it not look in the right folder for the advancedsettings.xml

Code:
Log File is located: C:\Users\DG-Home\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log
17:31:15 T:4828  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
17:31:15 T:4828  NOTICE: load settings...
17:31:15 T:4828 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezonecountries" of "locale.timezonecountry"
17:31:15 T:4828 WARNING: CSettingString: unknown options filler "timezones" of "locale.timezone"
17:31:15 T:4828  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
17:31:15 T:4828   ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 54
                                            Error reading end tag.

This line.. " No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)"
seems to be a problem.. why is it looking in there?
When it should be looking in... "*\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata ?
Am I barking up the wrong tree with this?
But it does seem not to be calling the file in question..
For good measure I have the file in two places..
C:\Users\DG-Home\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
F:\xbmc\Kodi\userdata
but is not picking it up..
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2