• 24(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
Just checking to make sure, do you have these lines in your advancedsettings.xml?

<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
I never had those lines in my advancedsettings.xml to enable the Resume functionality.

As far as i remember isn't this for one time only re-importing to your library, to set the watched state from .info files?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-06-03, 18:29)jmh2002 Wrote: As far as i remember isn't this for one time only re-importing to your library, to set the watched state from .info files?

Correct, whether you have these options or not should have no effect on the resume behaviour when starting/stopping playback.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Well, I guess I can take them out of mine. You learn sumpin' new everyday Wink
ok, mine didnt have those lines in it...[/i]
Ok, finally got it done and updated the wiki in between the newborn napping. lol
I haven't had a chance to test it with XBMC, but that does allow me to access the database remotely through other means.
Hello everybody,

I want to setup the mysql lib sharing on my synology, i have everything setup on my synology phpmyadmin and Maridb.
but when i set my advancedsettings.xml in kodi it doesnt work, kodi is freezing on startup.

Also there are no Databases being created on my synology when i check phpmyadmin.

What am i doing wrong?

kinder regards,

benito2313
(2015-06-22, 21:39)benito2313 Wrote: Hello everybody,

I want to setup the mysql lib sharing on my synology, i have everything setup on my synology phpmyadmin and Maridb.
but when i set my advancedsettings.xml in kodi it doesnt work, kodi is freezing on startup.

Also there are no Databases being created on my synology when i check phpmyadmin.

What am i doing wrong?

kinder regards,

benito2313

Post the <videodatabase> portion of your advancedsettings.xml file. I'm sure that will help someone help you. Wink
Or just post your full debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

I have followed the guide and enjoyed the centralized DB ever since.
Just once question, since I upgraded ALL my Kodi devices from 14.2 to 15.0beta (1 then 2), I have multiple DB on my MySQL.
Should I drop the old ones ?

mysql> SHOW DATABASES;
+--------------------+
| Database |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| MyMusic48 |
| MyMusic52 |
| MyVideos90 |
| MyVideos92 |
| MyVideos93 |
| mysql |
| performance_schema |
+--------------------+
8 rows in set (0.06 sec)

I guess MyMusic 48, MyVideos90 and MyVideos92 could be dropped, but I wanted advice before doing so
Not that it would takes that much time / bandwith to rescan everything

Maybe better to drop them after Kodi 15 becomes stable !?!
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Android TV
Yes, those are safe to delete unless you want to revert and repeat the database upgrade(s) for some reason.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OK Thanks
I did it

BTW any recommendation or setting to have those removed automatically after successful migration ?
Not that we have that many update nor that it takes that much space
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Android TV
I guess you could work with triggers but having a just upgraded db as a backup is not the baddest idea imo.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-06-22, 23:25)flhthemi Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 21:39)benito2313 Wrote: Hello everybody,

What am i doing wrong?

kinder regards,

benito2313

Post the <videodatabase> portion of your advancedsettings.xml file. I'm sure that will help someone help you. Wink

This is the advancedsetting, i replaced the server part:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- zerocache -->

-<advancedsettings>

-<network>

<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>

<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>

</network>

-<gui>

<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>

<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>

</gui>

-<videoscanner>

<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>

</videoscanner>

-<videodatabase>

<type>mysql</type>

<host>xxx.xxx.x.xxx</host>

<port>3306</port>

<user>kodi</user>

<pass>kodi</pass>

</videodatabase>

-<musicdatabase>

<type>mysql</type>

<host>xxx.xxx.x.xxx</host>

<port>3306</port>

<user>kodi</user>

<pass>kodi</pass>

</musicdatabase>

-<videolibrary>

<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>

<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>

</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>
I also looked at my debug file, this is what is got:

20:02:19 T:5456 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/libcurl.dll)
20:02:19 T:5456 NOTICE: Running database version Addons16
20:02:19 T:5456 DEBUG: CDatabaseManager::Initialize, updating databases...
20:02:19 T:5456 NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
20:02:19 T:5456 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
20:02:19 T:2684 DEBUG: CRemoteControl::Connect - connecting to: 127.0.0.1:24000 ...
20:02:20 T:2684 DEBUG: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
20:02:20 T:2684 INFO: CRemoteControl:Tonguerocess - failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds
20:02:40 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic48 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:03:01 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic47 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:03:22 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic46 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:03:28 T:5736 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound:Big Grineinitialize: Cleaning up
20:03:44 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic45 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:04:05 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic44 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:04:26 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic43 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:04:47 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic42 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:05:08 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic41 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:05:29 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic40 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:05:50 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic39 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
20:06:11 T:5456 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic38 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'XXX.XXX.X.XXX' (10060))
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2