• 39(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2019-11-10, 21:57)DGenerateKane Wrote: I can't get it to start though. Can somebody walk me through how to create a new one with the correct version of mysql? I'm lost.

Perhaps the old version is still getting in the way, and is running instead.
It's not a good idea to install a newer server instance without stopping/removing the older instance.
Right now it's better to remove both of them and start from scratch with the new(er) MySQL version.

After some searching, I did find this:
cpp:
# To enable MySQL server as a service, add mysql_enable="YES" to the /etc/rc.conf file. This sysrc command will do just that:
sudo sysrc mysql_enable=yes
# Now start the MySQL server:
sudo service mysql-server start

I've never used FreeNAS so I'm not that familiar with its inner workings.
(2019-11-10, 22:30)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 21:57)DGenerateKane Wrote: I can't get it to start though. Can somebody walk me through how to create a new one with the correct version of mysql? I'm lost.

Perhaps the old version is still getting in the way, and is running instead.
It's not a good idea to install a newer server instance without stopping/removing the older instance.
Right now it's better to remove both of them and start from scratch with the new(er) MySQL version.

After some searching, I did find this:
cpp:
# To enable MySQL server as a service, add mysql_enable="YES" to the /etc/rc.conf file. This sysrc command will do just that:
sudo sysrc mysql_enable=yes
# Now start the MySQL server:
sudo service mysql-server start

I've never used FreeNAS so I'm not that familiar with its inner workings. 

While I didn't even think about shutting down the jail running the old version of mysql before creating the new one, I think my biggest problem is my version of FreeNAS. I think I need to upgrade it first, apparently there may be issues with compatibility regarding packages. Something I don't plan on doing for awhile, so I may have to wait on the next major version of Kodi if it requires a newer version of mysql.
Newer MySQL/MariaDB versions can also have better/optimized workings. And Kodi 19 final is still a long way away. But, it's your call. Smile
Hello all,

I am trying to change my setup from a standalone kodi to a centralized database on my Synology NAS whit using Mariadb 10.4 in a docker container for the database.
Mariadb seems to work fine. The container seems to run good. I can reach it with phpmyadmin which also runs in a docker container. I have created a user with all rights. I did not create a database.
I mapped the Mariadb port 3306 to 8010 in docker. I get response from the database server from a windows pc with telnet 192.168.99.252 8010 (ip from my NAS).
I also installed a db client on my macbook and used 8010 as port and my created user and I can connect to the database server and select any of the preinstalled databases.
So database setup seems fine and reachable.

But when I add the advancedsettings.xml to my kodi client (libreelec latest stable version 9.2.0 based on kodi 18.5) I cannot get any movies or series visible in my kodi. 
The log says Kodi cannot open or create the database. What am I doing wrong?
Kodi.log
(2020-01-12, 17:06)Loewe Wrote: What am I doing wrong?

Have you enabled the "Wait for network" option in LibreELEC's Settings add-on?
It's possible that Kodi simply boots too fast before a network connection was made.
(2020-01-12, 18:24)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 17:06)Loewe Wrote: What am I doing wrong?

Have you enabled the "Wait for network" option in LibreELEC's Settings add-on?
It's possible that Kodi simply boots too fast before a network connection was made.  

No I did not do that. You are amazing and spot on! I have spent several hours debugging but did not think of that or find a clue about it myself. It is scanning all movies on my library now.
(2013-02-25, 22:27)Ned Scott Wrote: click here -> HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL (wiki)

This helped me a lot but I must be missing something as I have a few problems with my setup.

I have shared my media with all devices via SMB network share and I have the MYSQL database up an running successful. I built a fresh library on one of the devices and copied over my advancedsettings.xml. No problems aside from a handful of movies that would not get scrapped (like 10 out of 200 is not bad).

For those "problem files", I scanned individually and found the correct metadata with a manual search / editing the title and re-scrapping in Kodi. None of those re-scrapped files had art so I found the images and downloaded them to a shared folder and added the art manually in Kodi. So now the library looks perfect, all files are with their proper title and info data and all files have a poster art displayed. Just what I want......

Now when I go to the new device and start Kodi and check the library and all of my movies show up but the 10 "problem files" seem to loose the artwork I manually added. I thought it would share the location of that art with all devices...

I checked the MYSQL database and I see that the "problem files" do not have an entry under column c8 which appears to be the art location. All the other files have this entry in that column:
xml:
<thumb aspect="poster" preview="http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/10LsPVwIkoG3Wrljo3Bfrggz0nw.jpg">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/10LsPVwIkoG3Wrljo3Bfrggz0nw.jpg</thumb><thumb aspect="poster" preview="http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/AdR5YjlApjnXqxKn2kehQbPoqqN.jpg">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/AdR5YjlApjnXqxKn2kehQbPoqqN.jpg</thumb><thumb aspect="poster" preview="http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/10LsPVwIkoG3Wrljo3Bfrggz0nw.jpg">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/10LsPVwIkoG3Wrljo3Bfrggz0nw.jpg</thumb><thumb aspect="poster" preview="http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/AdR5YjlApjnXqxKn2kehQbPoqqN.jpg">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/AdR5YjlApjnXqxKn2kehQbPoqqN.jpg</thumb>

I feel like there should be a local network share address in that column perhaps like
url:
SMB://NAS/movieart/poster.jpg

Any thoughts on this issue and how to make the art data share regardless of where is originates?

Thanks
Thanks. I went looking for 2 hours but didn't finish my work.
Hey folks,
Quick question:

Can I run mysql on a windows 7 PC and Kodi on Linux and have these work together?

I currently have an old version (isengard I think) of kodi on win 7, working off the myswl windows 7 database, and want to switch the client machines over to linux.
(2020-07-09, 14:10)Corpus_Chain Wrote: Hey folks,
Quick question:

Can I run mysql on a windows 7 PC and Kodi on Linux and have these work together?

I currently have an old version (isengard I think) of kodi on win 7, working off the myswl windows 7 database, and want to switch the client machines over to linux.
short answer, yes
(2020-07-09, 14:10)Corpus_Chain Wrote: Can I run mysql on a windows 7 PC and Kodi on Linux and have these work together?
You can run your database server on any machine. As long as Kodi clients can connect to it, it's fine.

(2020-07-09, 14:10)Corpus_Chain Wrote: I currently have an old version (isengard I think) of kodi on win 7, working off the myswl windows 7 database, and want to switch the client machines over to linux.
Just know that all connected Kodi clients need to run the same major version of Kodi if you want a properly synchronized media collection.
(2020-07-09, 17:01)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 14:10)Corpus_Chain Wrote: Can I run mysql on a windows 7 PC and Kodi on Linux and have these work together?
You can run your database server on any machine. As long as Kodi clients can connect to it, it's fine.
(2020-07-09, 14:10)Corpus_Chain Wrote: I currently have an old version (isengard I think) of kodi on win 7, working off the myswl windows 7 database, and want to switch the client machines over to linux.
Just know that all connected Kodi clients need to run the same major version of Kodi if you want a properly synchronized media collection.
Brilliant! Thank you! Now I can go ahead knowing it should work. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions later!
I set this up today on my NAS and it seems that the database side of things has worked well. Im having a small problem with my in progress media. If I start a show on one machine and stop it I can carry on from the same point in time on another, however my in progress widgets are not populating. I am using 2 different skins (but I dont think that should matter). Am I missing something?
ans 
EDIT: It seems that the movies in progress widget is working, however TV shows and recently played albums are not. Nothing is listed but if I search for the video I can playback from the lst stop time
(2020-07-11, 13:33)IamDan Wrote: Am I missing something?

Kodi on other clients is not auto-triggered by default when a certain video is played or stopped. I don't know if anything will improve in that process in v19.
Having a key remapped to refresh the skin (so that data status is refreshed) is the only chunky solution for now.
(2020-07-11, 14:08)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 13:33)IamDan Wrote: Am I missing something?

Kodi on other clients is not auto-triggered by default when a certain video is played or stopped. I don't know if anything will improve in that process in v19.
Having a key remapped to refresh the skin (so that data status is refreshed) is the only chunky solution for now.
Im using a mix of libreelec windows and android. Ive quit and restarted my windows kodi instance and still dont see a result. The movies do seem to update the in progress widget when I restart

Even the machine that I play the media on fails to update the in progress widget
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2