Problems with universal scraper.
Universal scraper doesn't ask the user to clarify when it comes across a movie of which it is unsure of the title. I'm getting a lot of movies that are either just skipped entirely and don't show up or have the completely wrong content set. It's not very convenient to cross-reference the data folder with the movie list in xbmc to ensure each movie has been set correctly. The old IMDB scraper would allow you to choose from a list when it was unsure of a correct title. Is there anyway that I can get Universal Scraper to alert me when it encounters a movie file it can't match to a title? I have all movie in folders named with the movie title and year.

I really wish the old IMDB scraper would just be fixed and re-released.
(2013-02-26, 17:33)mctrollstein Wrote: I really wish the old IMDB scraper would just be fixed and re-released.

You really don't have a clue what you are talking about...
Thank you. Very constructive response.
Lately whenever I scan for artist information, I get nothing.

any input is welcome

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2013-02-27, 14:56)mctrollstein Wrote: Thank you. Very constructive response.

As constructive as your ignorant ranting...
(2013-02-26, 17:33)mctrollstein Wrote: Universal scraper doesn't ask the user to clarify when it comes across a movie of which it is unsure of the title. I'm getting a lot of movies that are either just skipped entirely and don't show up or have the completely wrong content set. It's not very convenient to cross-reference the data folder with the movie list in xbmc to ensure each movie has been set correctly. The old IMDB scraper would allow you to choose from a list when it was unsure of a correct title. Is there anyway that I can get Universal Scraper to alert me when it encounters a movie file it can't match to a title? I have all movie in folders named with the movie title and year.

This isn't a function of the scraper, this is internal to XBMC. Choice of scraper has no impact on whether the popup happens asking to choose a movie.
(2013-02-27, 23:03)Zernable Wrote: This isn't a function of the scraper, this is internal to XBMC. Choice of scraper has no impact on whether the popup happens asking to choose a movie.

That's one thing, and the other is that Universal Scraper is in fact a fixed IMDb scraper with a lot more features added on top and renamed as Universal Scraper.
(2013-02-28, 09:37)olympia Wrote:
(2013-02-27, 23:03)Zernable Wrote: This isn't a function of the scraper, this is internal to XBMC. Choice of scraper has no impact on whether the popup happens asking to choose a movie.

That's one thing, and the other is that Universal Scraper is in fact a fixed IMDb scraper with a lot more features added on top and renamed as Universal Scraper.

These are both quality answers. Thank you.

Is there any setting I need to change to get XBMC to prompt me for input when it is unsure of a movie title? As I said, it used to do this. I've looked into the settings and can't find anything regarding this topic. Any suggestions would be welcome.
It has never ever done this on automatic bulk scraping. It is doing this only if you manually refresh a movie from within the movie info dialog.
Maybe I'm mistaken. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with universal scraper.0