Asrock ion 330HT unresponsive after suspend
Hi :-)

Despite being pretty new to linux I'm trying to set up this box with XBMCBuntu (latest edition).

When I try to suspend it (either by pressing the power button on the remote or navigating to exit-->suspend) it turns off the display and then becomes unresponsive. It won't wake up again by either pushing the powerbutton on the remote, on the PC it self or by mouse/keyboard input. The power is still on (fans are spinning and the blue light is on), but the display is on and the only way I can get into XBMC again is to keep pressing the power button on the PC till it turns off. Then I can boot again.

I think the IR port settings in the bios and elsewhere are all fine because if I set power options to "shut down" instead of "suspend" the box will shut down nicely and wake up all fine again when pressing the power button on the remote... So even from complete power off I can wake up the system by remote. However I'd like to use suspend instead of complete shut down because having to wait +70 seconds for the system to turn on drastically decreases the WAF of my setup.... Confused

Have anyone got this excact box and XBMCBuntu (Frodo) working with suspend/hibernation? I have found a lot of scattered info on this forum, but most of the stuff are either for older/other editions of XBMC or other box'es or slightly different problems, so being such a complete newbie in linux it's very much trial and error with a serious risk of breaking something...

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance
and here's my attempt to make a log of the troublesome shut-down...

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5573575/

EDIT: Sorry about the long file. Take it from the bottom. 15 lines up the box recieves the shutdown command from the remote. About a minute or so after the last log I forced a shut down by pressing the power button till it powered off.
Is openelec not a option for you?
Everything works out of the box.

Have a asrock 330ht with openelec ion x86_64 and works pretty well.
(only a asound.conf in folder config for wrong placed 5.1 audiochannels)
I did try openelec, but there was so many other things I felt was missing (like a desktop gui), but I'll give it another try from a usb pen drive.

Excactly what do I need to do with the asound.conf to make it the 5.1 sound work?
(2013-03-01, 07:58)nigo Wrote: I did try openelec, but there was so many other things I felt was missing (like a desktop gui), but I'll give it another try from a usb pen drive.

Excactly what do I need to do with the asound.conf to make it the 5.1 sound work?

asound.conf, between the lines is wat i have...
----------------------------------------

pcm.!hdmi-remap {
type route
slave {
pcm hdmi
channels 6
}
ttable {
0.0= 1
1.1= 1
2.3= 1
3.4= 1