Jerky Video when playing SD films
Can anyone help me out, I am running the latest version of RASPBMC which i might add i am liking alot :0) i just have a slight problem which i cant seem to figure out, if i was to purchase MPEG-2 license key and/or VC-1 license key would this help with my jerky video playback when playing SD avi videos which are located on my nas drive, when i play mp4 720p videos its perfectly fine, i have tried various settings within RASPBMC but cannot get smooth play back with SD AVI files?

Any help much appreciated as always.....
(2013-03-01, 11:15)smurff33 Wrote: Can anyone help me out, I am running the latest version of RASPBMC which i might add i am liking alot :0) i just have a slight problem which i cant seem to figure out, if i was to purchase MPEG-2 license key and/or VC-1 license key would this help with my jerky video playback when playing SD avi videos which are located on my nas drive, when i play mp4 720p videos its perfectly fine, i have tried various settings within RASPBMC but cannot get smooth play back with SD AVI files?

Extra codecs won't help this problem.
It depends on the type of jerkiness. If it's a subtle frame-dropping issue then "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" in settings/video/playback may help.
If it is something more substantial, then there could be something about the timestamps in the file we don't like, and uploading a sample for investigation may help.
(2013-03-01, 12:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 11:15)smurff33 Wrote: Can anyone help me out, I am running the latest version of RASPBMC which i might add i am liking alot :0) i just have a slight problem which i cant seem to figure out, if i was to purchase MPEG-2 license key and/or VC-1 license key would this help with my jerky video playback when playing SD avi videos which are located on my nas drive, when i play mp4 720p videos its perfectly fine, i have tried various settings within RASPBMC but cannot get smooth play back with SD AVI files?

Extra codecs won't help this problem.
It depends on the type of jerkiness. If it's a subtle frame-dropping issue then "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" in settings/video/playback may help.
If it is something more substantial, then there could be something about the timestamps in the file we don't like, and uploading a sample for investigation may help.

Thanks for your reply, it looks like thinking about it that it is frame drops as it jumps every few seconds, using the word jerky was not the correct word looking back now, i will try your suggestion and report back :>
It depends what codec the jerky file is.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky Video when playing SD films0