Linux Custom Audio Device / Streaming Audio Output
Music 
Hi ppl,

I just got a XBMC box from a friend of mine to try out at home, it's a Zotac D510, with v11 of XBMC on it.
So far, I'm enjoying this whole thing, soo customizable and looks good too :-)

Anyway, I'm trying to get it to stream it's audio output, instead of playing it on the ALSA device.
Ideally I would install/configure an audio output, selectable as a "custom audio device" which sends the output to VLC or something similar, so I can pick the stream up on a different server and play it from there.

I'm sure that something like this would be possible, but is it going to be an easy thing to achieve, or does it involve coding and compiling??

Thx!!
Stu.
Stream to what?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-03-01, 23:36)nickr Wrote: Stream to what?

Music (or basically any sound) through a VLC stream to another Ubuntu server, which is hooked up to an audio installation.

I’m currently doing a similar thing on a 'plain' (non XBMC) Ubuntu server by using MPD.
Why not install xbmc on the ubuntu machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Audio Device / Streaming Audio Output0