• 9(current)
Working JSON RPC API Examples
this part is not valid json :
Code:
{"properties": "directory":"home", "media":"video"}

these are valid json (but not necessarily what the command expects)
Code:
{ "properties": { "directory":"home" } , "media":"video" }
{ "properties": { "directory":"home" , "media":"video" } }

this is a nice place to check your syntax : http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/
Huh need an example of the json rpc commands to get audio and video library when kodi is playing items from a upnp server. also need the commands to get the file pathways for direct play through the json rpc. any insight would be useful. thanks
Has anyone got Player.Seek working with Player.Position.Percentage because i just want to restart the video from the start but cant modify the examples from earlier to make it work, i just dont understand jsonrpc at all and im not a coder Tongue

( {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Seek","params":{ "playerid":1,"value":"smallforward"},"id":1} )
I've done a lot of research with no results. Does anybody know if JSON-RPC can be used to parse the current play queue (regardless of whether it is random media or a playlist)? My preference would be to use Python but I have been unsuccessful finding a method for doing this.

Ideally I would parse the current queue and then save it to a discrete playlist for use in the future.

Any help would be appreciated. I looked through the JSON-RPC library and didn't see anything that seemed related. I'm hoping there's something I missed.

---EDIT/UPDATE---
I was able to get Playlist.GetItems to work for me for getting the information. The next question I have is that if I'm making my calls from Python is there an ideal way to do it or should I just be using urllib2 ?
Thanks
I figured I'd add an update in case anyone was lurking. For anyone who was hoping for a feature like this, I hacked together something for autoexec.py that will autoresume your media after shutting down/restarting Kodi. Caveats are that you have to make userdata/playlists writeable and you have to enable http services.

https://pastebin.com/LCVHS90E
Hi,

I can not find out how to show a picture via smb when a username and password is needed.
If I set it once as library via 'remotecontrol' it works.
But after a reboot I need to add this library again.
Is there a trick to set username and password directly in the json string?

Code:
{"file":"smb://fs2/tv-eingang/TV-Bild.jpg"}

or from where is the used username and password?

I tried this:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"smb://user:password@fs2/tv-eingang/TV-Bild.jpg"}}}
But get no response from Kodi.

If I use this:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"'smb://user:password@fs2/tv-eingang/TV-Bild.jpg'"}}}
(additional single quotes around, saw this somewhere in github)
I get:
Code:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"OK"}
But still no picture shown.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Next try:

I mounted now the smb share to /storage/pictures
This works all the time. It is available after a reboot.

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"file://storage/pictures/TV-Bild.jpg"}}}

returns no answer
In the kodi log file (/storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log)
I can read:
Quote:ERROR: COMXImageFile::ReadFile file://storage/pictures/TV-Bild.jpg not found

But the file is there. Checked with
Code:
ls -al /storage/pictures/TV-Bild.jpg
Quote:-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 147650 May 22 09:14 /storage/pictures/TV-Bild.jpg

I also tried file:///storage... (which should be the right way) but without success.

I find it strange that nothing is returned from Kodi.

Btw. I use openelec 8.0.3 with Kodi 17.1
Ups...

If I use curl directly:
Code:
curl smb://user:password@fs2/tv-eingang/TV-Bild.jpg

then I get
Quote:curl: (1) Protocol "smb" not supported or disabled in libcurl

But I still can not load the picture with file:///
(2017-05-22, 11:33)ednt Wrote: Next try:

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"file://storage/pictures/TV-Bild.jpg"}}}

returns no answer
I can read:
Quote:ERROR: COMXImageFile::ReadFile file://storage/pictures/TV-Bild.jpg not found

Code:

I also tried file:///storage... (which should be the right way) but without success.

I have no way to verify this but I would suspect this is because internal to Kodi it doesn't know about the mounted drive.
(2015-04-27, 04:40)nellie7878 Wrote: Is it possible to submit a library search query through a JSON command?

i was wondering this also. it took a lil guess work but i figured out how to do library searches with the json rpc. i wanted to search the library based on title or characters in a title.
this is the string im using:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": { "filter": {"field": "title", "operator": "contains", "value": "sugar"}, "limits": { "start" : 0, "end": 10 }, "properties" : ["rating", "playcount"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "label", "ignorearticle": true } }, "id": "libMovies"}

just change the word "sugar" in my example to anything in a movie title you might be searching for. if you want to find all the movies with "spa" in the title, this will work. at least it is for me.

edit: this one will give you the file path to direct play the movie

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": { "filter": {"field": "title", "operator": "contains", "value": "sugar"}, "limits": { "start" : 0, "end": 10 }, "properties" : ["mpaa", "file"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "label", "ignorearticle": true } }, "id": "libMovies"}
does anyone know if it is possible to use jsonrpc to direct play the main title of a dvd iso file? so that instead of going to the menu or playing previews it just starts the main movie.
(2017-06-20, 18:49)hurlbert Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 11:33)ednt Wrote: Next try:

Code:

returns no answer
I can read:

Code:

I have no way to verify this but I would suspect this is because internal to Kodi it doesn't know about the mounted drive.

It's only a guess but maybe you don't need the "file://" prefix?

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"/storage/pictures/TV-Bild.jpg"}}}
hello,
just joined the party here.
some really cool posts here, thanks for all the work!

What I currently struggle with is a solution to do something like "Play the next unseen episode of the show X"

Any help or pointers are appreciated!

best
s.
Huh i don't really like asking but i could use an assist, does anyone have a working example of a json string command to pull a list of the audio playlists and there paths so i can direct play it using the json-rpc?? cant seem to get the command to work using the api. thanks in advance. Big Grin

edit: im using the v6 api on jarvis
lumiknight:

If you created playlist with kodi the playlist should be at /.kodi/userdata/playlists/ (for Linux)

see http://kodi.wiki/view/userdata for all OS location.

I use this command to play it: (with no shuffle and no repeat)

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"1","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"/home/petou/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/unforgiven.m3u"},"options":{"repeat":"off","shuffled":false}}}

might be a good idea to clear current playing list before:

Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0","method": "Playlist.Clear","params":{"playlistid":0}}
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working JSON RPC API Examples0