•  Previous
  • 10(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working JSON RPC API Examples
Hello,

is anyone able to open a youtube video with JSON.

I passed several hours trying to get an example to work on my kodi (17.4) with no luck.

I would like to open it via plugin.video.youtube. If that could work i will try to do the same with my spotify addon!

thanks
(2017-08-29, 16:28)petou Wrote: Hello,

is anyone able to open a youtube video with JSON.

I passed several hours trying to get an example to work on my kodi (17.4) with no luck.

I would like to open it via plugin.video.youtube. If that could work i will try to do the same with my spotify addon!

thanks

Well you can do this via the urls:
https://github.com/Razzeee/plugin.video..../plugin.py

Not sure if it's also possible via json rpc
Is there a command for to play next/previous media (Next/Previous during media playback)? I could only find the play/pause command.
@MKANET

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GoTo","params":{"playerid":1,"to":"next"},"id":1}
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GoTo","params":{"playerid":1,"to":"previous"},"id":1}  //had to tap 2 times to get previous song

I found the answer for my previous post. To play specific youtube video via youtube plugin:

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=wQP9XZc2Y_c"}},"id":"1"}

videoid is in the video youtube address see : This link
Thanks petou.

It looks like the method Player.GoTo is isn't recognized; at least, on my installation of Kodi 17 on Windows.

Below, is the code that worked for me:

Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ExecuteAction", "params": { "action": "skipnext" }, "id": 1 }
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ExecuteAction", "params": { "action": "skipprevious" }, "id": 1 }

(2017-09-09, 13:06)petou Wrote: @MKANET

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GoTo","params":{"playerid":1,"to":"next"},"id":1}
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GoTo","params":{"playerid":1,"to":"previous"},"id":1}  //had to tap 2 times to get previous song
Weird, it's the code i used for my kodi 17.4 on ubuntu... I'll try yours tomorrow.

Glad you found it!

edit: Just tried your method and it work as well.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working JSON RPC API Examples00