Solved Live tv specific keymaps to open epg on enter/ok
Question 
Hi,

I've searched high and low but I simply cannot find a way to have the EPG open when I press OK on my remote whilst watching live tv without affecting the behaviour of the button for fullscreen video from my library.

In keyboard.xml I found that I can make an entry under <FullscreenVideo> mapping XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0) to OK and that will bring up the EPG when watching tv. However, that also brings the epg up when I'm watching videos from my library - I only want it to happen when I'm watching live tv.

Huh Is there any way to map keys specifically for live tv?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2013-03-02, 00:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: Huh Is there any way to map keys specifically for live tv?
Yes, there is
Add following section to your remote.xml|keymap.xml and put desired mappings in there
Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <remote>
        <select>XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrosdguide)</select>
    </remote>
</FullscreenLiveTV>
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
(2013-03-02, 14:25)Nachteule Wrote: Add following section to your remote.xml|keymap.xml and put desired mappings in there
Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <remote>
        <select>XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrosdguide)</select>
    </remote>
</FullscreenLiveTV>
The <FullscreenLiveTV> tag was exactly what I was looking for. XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrosdguide) doesn't work for me for some reason, so I just used XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0) instead which works fine.

Angel Thanks!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi guys

I've tried around with the keyboard.xml and was able to create all input handlings like I want it except one special thing.

I can't find out how to directly switch to a channel in the "pvrosdguide" window. When I press select / enter in the guide osd the information dialog pops up where xbmc asks me if I want to record or to switch the channel. Is it possible to directly switch the channel. I would create my timers with the context menu or info menu instead.

Thanks for your help.
+1 The OK button in fullscreen PVR mode, should either bring up channel list or EPG!
(2013-05-12, 21:23)haf-blade Wrote: Hi guys

I've tried around with the keyboard.xml and was able to create all input handlings like I want it except one special thing.

I can't find out how to directly switch to a channel in the "pvrosdguide" window. When I press select / enter in the guide osd the information dialog pops up where xbmc asks me if I want to record or to switch the channel. Is it possible to directly switch the channel. I would create my timers with the context menu or info menu instead.

Thanks for your help.

add the following to advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<pvr>
         <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>

(If I had a quid for every time I'd posted this, i'd have, ooh, 3 or 4 quid by now Smile)
Is there a reason why is this option not documented on the wiki?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
Hey cool thanks. I'll try this out. Sorry when this has been discussed before haven't seen this in the forum. Nice thing to know
(2013-05-14, 18:01)regnets Wrote: Is there a reason why is this option not documented on the wiki?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
yes, because you haven't added it. IT'S A WIKI!!!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sad 
I cant seem to get the right behavior for this advanced setting. When I am in the EPG, I choose a channel with my remote "ok". It doesn't switch to that channel in full screen. I add the setting in advanced xml. I want to switch to the channel I choose and have it close the EPG (not the channel list) and show the channel fullscreen. I don't know if this is a different settings somewhere.
There's a setting for it in the standard setting location, I think thw advancedsetting is obsolete.
Hi

I had this xml for Leia but it no longer works in Matrix, my main concerns was pressing OK, when watching live tv to bring up mini EPG on the side. any ideas on what is wrong, thanks in advance guys

keymap> 
<global> 
    <remote> 
        <yellow>ContextMenu</yellow> 
        <green>PreviousMenu</green> 
        <blue>Info</blue> 
    </remote> 
</global> 
<FullscreenVideo> 
    <remote> 
        <yellow>OSD</yellow> 
        <green>NextSubtitle</green> 
        <blue>Info</blue> 
    </remote> 
</FullscreenVideo> 
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <remote>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <select>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</select>
      <start>XBMC.ActivateWindow(TVChannels)</start>
      <up>ChannelUp</up>
      <down>ChannelDown</down>
<teletext>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Teletext)</teletext>
<back>Close</back>
<pageplus>SkipNext</pageplus>
<pageminus>SkipPrevious</pageminus>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
</keymap>
The XBMC. has been depreciated and is now dropped if I remember well.

So for example change <teletext>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Teletext)</teletext> to <teletext>ActivateWindow(Teletext)</teletext> for all your XBMC. prefixed commands to get them to work again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live tv specific keymaps to open epg on enter/ok0