"Allow this device to wake the computer" specify key?
Hi guys,

I recently build a htpc with the following components:

ASUS e45m1-i Deluxe
Streacom FC1 Evo
Streacom IRPB Receiver
Streacom Nano150 PSU
Logitech Harmony One

(...and of course ram, ssd-disk, blu-ray-drive etc)

I'm running Win7 64 bit and I configured my Harmony One remote as 'Windows Media Center SE', and I'm able to use this remote to control the htpc. The IRPB Receiver is shown under Device Manager as a HID Keyboard Device and a HID Mouse Device.

I have 2 issues with this setup:

1. I'm not able to wake up the htpc from completely off state, even though the IRPB Receiver is connected to the USB-connection on the motherboard. I can live with this, if the next issue is solved:

2. If I set the htpc to sleep or hibernate, and the HID Keyboard and/or the HID Mouse is set to "Allow this device to wake the computer", then the htpc wakes to whatever button I press on my Harmony remote. This happens, even if I change to another activity (like Watch TV) and use any of the buttons. If I disable "Allow this device to wake the computer", I can't wake the htpc with my remote. I would like to be able to wake the htpc only with a specific key/button.

Is it possible to configure the htpc to only react to a specific command, so it doesn't pick up every signal from the Harmony remote?
I have the same situation.

Cant find the answer anywere.
To have it be able to turn on from off you'd need an IR receiver that has a power switch attached to it or a CIR header.

Your IR receiver is just emulating keystrokes and sending them to the system so it's like going over the keyboard and pressing a key or moving the mouse to wake it up. If your BIOS doesn't have a setting for a specific key, there isn't a way to control it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Allow this device to wake the computer" specify key?1