• 5(current)
[RELEASE] MLS Live
Speaking of compatibility and changes, does anyone have a roku or supported device thats handy with fiddler or tcpdump? I might need some help if they've changed the API (I'm out of the country for the first few months of the season). Anyway, if you're up to getting traces, dm me.
Hi micahg, I love the app and thank you for all your work. I used this add on all last season and it worked beautifully, i love it. It's the off season but I wanted to watch some archived games and videos but I keep getting a script error message on my dell laptop. I just installed the add on to my android phone and I am getting the same message and unable to view anything. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks again for everything!
Hi,

I'll try to have a look tonight...
Hey all

I purchased the mls live subscription. Was hoping it would work.

Any ideas when this add on would be up and running again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
I have to reverse engineer the api. Hopefully within the first week of the season.

Feel free to contribute patches on GitHub...

None of the service is working yet (except the schedule) so I can't really start early.
Good news. I have the replay of the DC v Alajuela game working... tough break for DC, but we still have MTL.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have the plugin updated for the weekend in the official repo, but if not, you can grab the zip from github here: https://github.com/micahg/plugin.video.mlslive. The changes have been checked in and I've requested a pull into the main repository.

Of course, I'm sort of using last years API with this years schedule so we'll see what happens.
Chicago v LA stream is working. I think we're all set.

Let me know if you guys find any bugs.
(2015-03-07, 04:54)micahg Wrote: Chicago v LA stream is working. I think we're all set.

Let me know if you guys find any bugs.

Looking good for me as well! Thanks Micah, third season in a row im using this!
The plugin is not working for me. When I select "Live Games" I get a list of the twelve months (which seems weird, but whatever), and trying to select March (or any other month) gives me a "script failed plugin.video.mlslive-master" error. Trying to select either of the other two options on the main menu didn't seem to do anything (no error, just didn't go anywhere).

I'm using XMBC On Ouya 12.3.2 on an Amazon Fire TV. I just pulled the latest version off github a minute ago, and am getting the same error. I understand if there is a version incompatibility, I just need to be sure, because I'd like to avoid doing a whole reinstall of XMBC. The plugin did work just fine last season, for what it's worth.

Is it possible this error is being caused by my login being used on multiple devices? I shared my password with my brother, but previously we didn't have any issues with me using this plugin and him using the official Roku app at the same time.

Edit: After restarting my firetv, It's behaving totally differently. The main menu only has the option "Games" now, and I can select March and see all the games in March, but selecting the Chicago vs LA game says "Buffering" and then doesn't actually load. Curious.
@emptythecache can you recreate the error and post your log (you can use the log uploader app)
I tried, I can't get the Log Uploader to work right now (error -> addon.py) and I'm done messing with it for tonight. I'll get back to it tomorrow probably if I can't find a way to watch the Union game.
ok... its odd. I've only tested with Kodi but it should work with gotham or helix...
I did a clean install of Helix side by side with my existing install, and used the zip from github and it worked like a charm. I'm gonna chalk my issues up to running a fork of two full versions ago, and never getting around to update it. So instead I'll just use this space to thank you for writing an add-on that is really important to me.
The plugin is... sort-of working, but not completely. For example, watching the Montreal vs DC game, it keeps freezing and dumping out to the game-selection screen every ~10 mins or so (haven't timed it).

I then have to select the game and it resumes. Kodi 14.2. Tried multiple systems with the same result.

And not having much luck with the Philadelphia game. Having to watch it on the MLS Live site. Hopefully we can get an app update since the MLS Live app for XBMC would be awesome when working.
(2015-03-07, 22:55)WilliamG Wrote: ...it keeps freezing and dumping out to the game-selection screen every ~10 mins or so (haven't timed it)

I don't write the bit that plays the actual video -- thats XBMC. This plugin just authenticates with the service and then passes the stream URI to xbmc to play.

(2015-03-07, 22:55)WilliamG Wrote: ...Hopefully we can get an app update since the MLS Live app for XBMC would be awesome when working.

Obviously I'm maintaining it -- updates will come, but probably not much I can do to fix the buffering. I've been comparing to my tablet (android) and it freezes as well (DCU v MTL froze completely a few times). But I'm overseas, so I'm not sure if its a fair comparison.

Anyway, Neulion services are plagued by these problems (see the NHL thread). Hopefully they get their act together and fix the streams, but if you can reproduce it in an officially supported app you can contact support and tell them to fix it (and maybe they will).
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MLS Live1