Linux EDL recordings
Hi,
i was able to get comskip working with my xbmc + tvheadend build.

the edl file is successfully created and works well when i manually open the recording with xbmc (browse to the folder of the recording and open it inside of xbmc)

but when i try to open within the recordings section of live tv the edl file is not loaded.

i hope you can understand what i mean.

does anyone know how i can load the edl file even though i am opening the recording through live-tv -> recordings ?
pvr interface doesn't support this yet
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
is there already a ticket for creating support for it?
Hi,

well i don't understand that. i thought this was a native function of xbmc to read the edl or txt file.
well actually mine does read that file but does not jump....... does the pvr-interface really have to be changed to start the playback in a special way?

i thought:
xbmc-send --action="XBMC.PlayMedia(/path/to/file/xxx.ts)"
would do the trick if the name of the cutfile is xxx.edl or xxx.txt

PS: I'm on openelec 2.99.5 (RC5)
if the pvr interface wouldn't really have to be changed to support this, i wouldn't have said it. i'm not talking about xbmc builtins, i'm talking about the pvr interface between xbmc and pvr add-ons
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I would guess that it's because the PVR subsystem/addon (client) is asking the backend (server) for the file, and it's the backend that's then fetching and streaming the file back to the PVR code for handoff to XBMC for display. Remember that you don't need a path defined in XBMC to where you store your recordings, nor any access permissions or knowledge of where the files are stored - so XBMC has no way of saying "open this file, and have a look in the same directory for an EDL with the same name while you're about it".

The easy way around this is to just define a file path to your recordings directory, and access your recordings through that instead (e.g. Videos -> Files -> Recordings). You can define it as a favourite if you resent even those few remote presses.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDL recordings0