Capture Card Setup - Dual Tuner Card
Question 
Hi,

I've got a dual-tuner DVB-T card (TBS 6280).

In MythTV "Capture Card Setup" it shows both adapters:

/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
and
/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0

Do I need to add both cards in "Capture Card Setup" and create an entry for each in "Input Connections"?

Also in "Input Connections" as they both use the same source for schedule listings I assume I only need to scan for channels on one of them?

Thanks

Nick
yes. you need to add both tuners in "Capture Card Setup" and only one needs to have a channel scan.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Thanks for the help, there's quite a lot to take on board the first time you have to set this thing up.
It is a challenge, i had to use a guide to set it up but i believe it's the most capable of the backends.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Don't forget you can use those tuners multiple times too - a digital card can record many channels at once. I have each real tuner set as 5 virtual tuners Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, I've set each with 2 virtual tuners at the moment, but I haven't tried recording anything yet as I'm still sorting some system performance issues!

Isn't there a limitation on which channels you can record at the same time depending on which mux they are on?
the channels need to be on the same mux, then the only other problem is can your HD write fast enough.

in the UK all the HD channels are currently on one mux so my second tuner hardly gets used.
(2013-03-04, 19:38)deadite66 Wrote: It is a challenge, i had to use a guide to set it up but i believe it's the most capable of the backends.

Can you provide a link to the guide used Smile

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
here you go.
http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu.php
(2013-09-13, 14:52)deadite66 Wrote: here you go.
http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu.php

deadite66 many thanks. I had already used this guide, however I ended up with hundreds of channels in the channel manager most not usable. Is there a quick way to delete channels I don't want it seems a laborious process to go into each channel and set it to not visible!. Also I only had to do the first scan on 10714000 and it found all the channels including the HD ones. I ended up with quite a few transports including the HD one detailed in the guide.

It is working but I can only watch one tv channel in one xbmc instance at a time. If I choose anther channel in another xbmc it says channel unavailable. If I exit out of live tv on the first xbmc it then it allows me to watch a channel on the second xbmc.

I have a Tevii S480 Dual Tuner card. it is recognised perfectly at the os level and all drivers etc. are loaded I can play tv with commands like mplayer dvdb://"BBC HD" etc.

In mythtvbackend setup, both tuners are configured and one video source EIT as per guide. When I look at the details for DVB_/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 in Input Connections do I need to create another input group as the only available choices are Generic or DVB_/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 there is no group available for DVB_/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0

I must admit setting this up is like rocket science. Information is hard to find on exactly how to set this up to get a working system. I had to completely remove mythtv form my ubuntu 12.04 system (which was not easy) as even though packages etc. were removed various metadata and config files remained so when reinstalled the old configs were still there. You must drop the mythtv DB and all users and permissions (very easy using webmin) and remove the files in /etc/mythtv/ and the directory and the sym links to those files in in your home directory. I would recommend anyone to install webmin even on a desktop as it makes sorting out mysql and deleting hard to delete directories and files easy as well as easy monitoring of log files.

I can share my setup with others if that would help. Any help with my issues appreciated.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
mythweb is the quickest was to hide unwanted channels.
untick Visible for each channel then click save at the bottom of the page.

not sure about your other problem, i just tried it and i had streaming different live tv to other xbmc boxes.
Many thanks for your quick reply.

OK will try mythtvweb, I did not have that installed. I can see you have a dual tuner card, can you share your input configuration etc.?

Cheers
Spart
sure.

Many thanks. I've got it now, I had not attached EIT to the second card DUH!

Cheers
Spart
glad you got it worked out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Capture Card Setup - Dual Tuner Card0