• 111(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Yeah, ignoring it works well.

I only exported after deleting the lines in my db, that erased them from the nfo when I exported them. I checked and they look fine now.

I use mediaelch, but it may have stemmed from accidentally setting imdb for actors at some point. Now they seem stuck like glue. Oh well. I cleaned it out, maybe ill just delete MySQL db and start fresh again. Thanks for lending your eyes to my issue.
You should alert @Komet, the maintainer of MediaElch - this kind of scraper issue could easily go unnoticed and could now be writing junk into a lot of libraries.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-09-16, 05:31)Milhouse Wrote: You should alert @Komet, the maintainer of MediaElch - this kind of scraper issue could easily go unnoticed and could now be writing junk into a lot of libraries.

Done! Thanks for your help Millhouse

edit: OK, so after deleting those erroneous entries in the MySQL/actors, and then exporting library, I deleted thumbnails folder, texurecache13.db and MySQL db. Rebooted and ran texturecache.py c and came back with no errors. Yay!

It was Mediaelch that was creating the bad imdb links and TmDB links. I ran it again on a single movie and it produced them again.

All good now!
Code:
Cache pre-load activity summary for "movies":

|  cast.thumb |   clearart  |  clearlogo  |   discart   |    fanart   |    poster   |    TOTAL    
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Deleted       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Duplicate     |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Error         |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Ignored       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Skipped       |     4197    |     491     |     514     |     514     |     514     |     514     |     6744    
Undefined     |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
================================================================================================================
TOTAL         |     4197    |     491     |     514     |     514     |     514     |     514     |     6744    

Loading: 00:00:18.11
       Parsing: 00:00:00.55
     Comparing: 00:00:06.07
TOTAL RUNTIME: 00:00:24.74
He he he, try mediacompanion instead... (cheeky)
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-09-17, 00:16)vbat99 Wrote: He he he, try mediacompanion instead... (cheeky)

Looks very nice, but i'm having trouble installing the required .net framework on my mac Tongue

I'm pretty happy with Mediaelch, it actually seems that the issue is only with obscure titles.

Haven't narrowed it down yet, but the problem is fixed for now. Added 3 more movies without issue, so it may even be something else that caused it.
Great work!

Is it possible to clean the cache for a specific image file, such as <addon>/fanart.jpg?
Sure, use the search function ("s <addon>/fanart.jpg") to find entries in the cache, then use "d #" to delete specific rows from the cache.

Or use "purge all <pattern>" to purge entries from the cache based on a pattern eg. "purge all youtube.com" would purge YouTube related artwork. Though try using "purgetest" to perform dry runs while testing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Nevermind, i;m now getting "the task you're performing requires webserver to be enabled" when i run texturecache.py c
I want to use this on local installation, so how do i use texturecache.py c without webserver?
Here's the config

Code:
##
## THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE CONFIGURATION FILE
##
## All of the following lines are comments.
##
## Remove the # at the beginning of a line
## to make that property "active".
##
## Add extra properties to the end of the file.
##
## Don't specify propreties unless you want or
## need to override the default value.
##

userdata = D:\Warnet\Users\Cemaranet\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = Thumbnails/
xbmc.host = localhost
##webserver.port = 8080
##rpc.port = 9090
##download.threads = 2
##extrajson.albums  =
##extrajson.artists =
##extrajson.songs   =
##extrajson.movies  =
##extrajson.sets    =
##extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
##extrajson.tvshows.season =
##extrajson.tvshows.episode=
##qaperiod = 30
##qa.file = no
##cache.castthumb = no
##logfile =
##logfile.verbose = no
##network.mac = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

Edit : just read this on first page..

Quote:This is not an addon, and it requires that the webserver is enabled in XBMC on port 8080 (unless another port is specified in the properties file). It also assumes you are comfortable working at the command line (ssh in Linux, a large CMD window may also work OK for Windows users).

Does this mean i have to mod the script for diskless usage?
(2015-09-25, 05:16)denywinarto Wrote: Nevermind, i;m now getting "the task you're performing requires webserver to be enabled" when i run texturecache.py c
I want to use this on local installation, so how do i use texturecache.py c without webserver?
Here's the config

You can't use the "c" option without the webserver, that's why it's required. Just enable the webserver in the Kodi settings, on port 8080 - it works for local installations too.
(2015-09-25, 10:02)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 05:16)denywinarto Wrote: Nevermind, i;m now getting "the task you're performing requires webserver to be enabled" when i run texturecache.py c
Here's the config

You can't use the "c" option without the webserver, that's why it's required. Just enable the webserver in the Kodi settings, on port 8080 - it works for local installations too.

Hmm strange it still won't work after i enable it to 8080, i even gave it username and password (also in texturecache.cfg).. But it's still throwing same error.
Do i have to install additional webserver program?
Hi Milhouse, I recreated (for necessity) the whole SQL database for my media library, but after the scraping procedure, fanarts and posters are in low resolution (before it was Hi-res).
Before to make the scraping I setted the "best quality fanart image" inside Kodi settings.
Texturecahce can solve this issue?
Thx a lot
(2015-09-25, 11:38)denywinarto Wrote: Hmm strange it still won't work after i enable it to 8080, i even gave it username and password (also in texturecache.cfg).. But it's still throwing same error.
Do i have to install additional webserver program?

No, there's no need to install anything extra.

Restart Kodi after enabling the webserver in case Kodi fails to start the webserver automatically. There's also no need for a username or password by default.

If it still doesn't work delete your texturecache.cfg file completely (you've probably got something unnecessary in there), configure port 8080 in Kodi, restart Kodi, and it will work.
(2015-09-25, 19:47)lollo78 Wrote: Hi Milhouse, I recreated (for necessity) the whole SQL database for my media library, but after the scraping procedure, fanarts and posters are in low resolution (before it was Hi-res).
Before to make the scraping I setted the "best quality fanart image" inside Kodi settings.
Texturecahce can solve this issue?
Thx a lot

It can re-cache your artwork at a new quality setting, yes.

If you've changed your quality settings after originally caching/scraping the artwork then re-caching ("C" option) will cache using your new quality settings. I don't know what you are referring to by "best quality fanart image" but the quality of cached artwork is determined by the fanartres and imageres settings.

If the scraper has selected to use low quality original artwork (this may be what "best quality fanart image" refers to) then increasing your cache quality settings is unlikely to improve matters so double check the artwork your media library is now using ("jd movies"/"jd tvshows" to view metadata) and make sure the original artwork is high quality.

If you media library references low quality artwork then you'll need to rescrape the library again until high quality artwork is used - no amount of re-caching will mask the fact your media library is pointing at low quality artwork.
Hi Milhouse,
the image quality not seems bad, but in kodi appears in very low res.

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # ./texturecache.py jd movies avatar
[
  {
    "art": {
      "fanart": "image://http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/19995/moviebackground/avatar-4fec1d99872da.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/44aaqZf0BfT5bdtIMFHgT5VYOCQ.jpg/"
    },
    "file": "nfs://192.168.1.68/volume1/FILM/Avatar [BDRip-1080p-Ita-Eng-Sub-Ita-Eng-Ara-Chapters][RiP By MaX].mkv",
    "label": "Avatar",
    "movieid": 758,
    "title": "Avatar"
  }
]

OpenELEC:~ # ./texturecache.py jd tvshows Justified
      {
        "art": {
          "banner": "image://http://thetvdb.com/banners/seasonswide/134241-1.jpg/",
          "poster": "image://http://thetvdb.com/banners/seasons/134241-1-3.jpg/",
          "tvshow.banner": "image://http://thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/134241-g20.jpg/",
          "tvshow.fanart": "image://http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/134241-58.jpg/",
          "tvshow.poster": "image://http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/134241-14.jpg/"
        },
        "episodes": [

Into advancedsettings.xml I added
Code:
<imageres>1080</imageres>
<fanartres>1080</fanartres>

Now I'll recache all with "c" option.
Cross finger...
In case... could you advice me a good video scraper (that us the best image quality possible)?
(2015-09-25, 23:15)lollo78 Wrote: Now I'll recache all with "c" option.
Cross finger...

To re-cache already cached artwork you need to use the "C" option.

(2015-09-25, 23:15)lollo78 Wrote: In case... could you advice me a good video scraper (that us the best image quality possible)?

I use Universal Movie Scraper and The TVDB, and never had a problem.

My as.xml settings are:
Code:
<fanartres>1080</fanartres>
<imageres>720</imageres>
which results in good quality cached artwork (my clients are a mixture of RPi and x86 - all source artwork is high quality).

The quality of cached artwork also has an impact on the quality (and storage requirements) of artwork displayed on tablet devices, eg. Yatse, Kore etc.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17