•   
  • 180(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
suddenly (i not not watch the output much) the script is telling me following

home/kodi/texturecache.py C tvseries @cache.artwork=poster @cache.refresh=0

"ERROR: tvseries is not a valid media class"

This has always been working (or denied telling it is an issue) Wink
tvseries has never been a valid media class - what you should be using is tvshows
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello, thank you for this seems pretty useful.

I have a question though.

Is it impossible to manage texture cache belonging to a "another Kodi instance"? For example, a client and server, both running Kodi. Client loads Thumbnails and textures13.db from the server.  Server instance of Kodi is never used for browsing, only updating the MySQL database and so does not need to cache anything.

I tried setting the paths on the script config to the Kodi Client "Thumbnails" folder and associated textures13.db (residing on the server, using path substitution and symbolic link), and tried to use the script with the server instance of Kodi to update these. However, the script ignores the paths from the config and proceeds to populate the "Thumbnails" folder of the server instance of Kodi.

To put it simply, I'd like to have the texture cache updated when new media is scanned in to the database, but without having Kodi client PCs running or running Kodi. Can this be done at all? Hopefully you get the idea from my confusing explanation.
(2019-11-22, 16:24)IT007 Wrote: To put it simply, I'd like to have the texture cache updated when new media is scanned in to the database, but without having Kodi client PCs running or running Kodi. Can this be done at all? Hopefully you get the idea from my confusing explanation.

Not easily as the texture cache is not meant for sharing - the idea is that the texture cache is a local resource for each client. Maybe you can achieve something close to what you want with path substitution but that has all sorts of issues because, as said already, the texture cache is not meant to be shared.

What you really want is UPnP but that's still a work in progress.

What I'd suggest is that you scrape new content into a "master" instance of kodi, then iterate over your other kodi clients, waking them if required, cache all the new artwork, the put the client back to sleep (if it wasn't already awake). You can accomplish this by making various calls to texturecache.py and a bit of script work.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-11-22, 19:48)Milhouse Wrote: Not easily as the texture cache is not meant for sharing - the idea is that the texture cache is a local resource for each client. Maybe you can achieve something close to what you want with path substitution but that has all sorts of issues because, as said already, the texture cache is not meant to be shared.

What you really want is UPnP but that's still a work in progress.

What I'd suggest is that you scrape new content into a "master" instance of kodi, then iterate over your other kodi clients, waking them if required, cache all the new artwork, the put the client back to sleep (if it wasn't already awake). You can accomplish this by making various calls to texturecache.py and a bit of script work. 
Thanks for the information.

Yeah, I don't really need to share the texture caches, I was just wondering if they could be on and updated on the remote server only with out the clients running.

I ended up doing something similar to your suggestion, but real time updating of cache as new content is scanned is pretty much out of the question. Since the Client PCs are not exclusive to Kodi use, I need to: Wake the client PC -> Start Kodi -> Update texture cache -> Close Kodi. What if Kodi is already playing something when the cache update script finishes wants to close it? Also if I'm doing something else on the machine I don't want Kodi window popping up. I guess it could be done with advanced scripting, but it goes beyond my ability.

So I update the caches at night, not perfect but I guess it will have to do.
Hi, can someone explain me what does the Duplicate means in this output from texturecache.py nc ?

Its duplicate files for the same texture?

Cache pre-load activity summary for "addons/agenres/vgenres/pvr.tv/pvr.radio/albums/artists/movies/sets/tvshows":

|    banner   |    fanart   |    poster   | season.banner | season.poster |  set.fanart |  set.poster |    thumb    |  thumbnail  |    TOTAL    
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+---------------+---------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Deleted       |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Duplicate     |     8111    |     8462    |     8201    |      3441     |      7559     |     345     |     345     |      10     |      2      |    36476    
Error         |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Ignored       |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      24     |      43     |      67     
Not in Cache  |     346     |     1597    |     1983    |       -       |       -       |      55     |      56     |     7639    |     420     |    12096    
Season-all    |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Skipped       |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Undefined     |      -      |     136     |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |     207     |     343     
==============================================================================================================================================================
TOTAL         |     8457    |    10195    |    10184    |      3441     |      7559     |     400     |     401     |     7673    |     672     |    48982
(2019-11-26, 16:20)mvrk Wrote: Hi, can someone explain me what does the Duplicate means in this output from texturecache.py nc ?

Its duplicate files for the same texture?

Explained at the bottom of this post: 2728798 (post)
@soflip - if you're going to PM me with questions, at least enable private messages on your end so I can send you a reply.

As I'd already typed out my reply I'll post it here rather than have you think I'm ignoring you.

soflip Wrote:Hi,

How can I add the filename in the output of

texturecache.py qa movies @qa.file=yes @qaperiod=9999 @qa.art.movies=

Thanks a lot!

Not sure which filename you are referring to - do you mean how to redirect the output to a filename? Use:

texturecache.py qa movies @qa.file=yes @qaperiod=9999 @qa.art.movies= >qa.txt
and the output will be written to qa.txt.
(2019-11-28, 22:58)Milhouse Wrote: @soflip - if you're going to PM me with questions, at least enable private messages on your end so I can send you a reply.

As I'd already typed out my reply I'll post it here rather than have you think I'm ignoring you.

soflip Wrote:Hi,

How can I add the filename in the output of

Thanks a lot!

Not sure which filename you are referring to - do you mean how to redirect the output to a filename? Use:

texturecache.py qa movies @qa.file=yes @qaperiod=9999 @qa.art.movies= >qa.txt
and the output will be written to qa.txt.    

Sorry, I didn't know that there was an option to allow PMs...    Sleepy

About my question, what I mean is that if the output of 

is 

Movie    [The Best Movie                                  ]: WARN (missing file)

I would like to have something like 

Movie    [The Best Movie - the_best_movie-1988.mkv                                 ]: WARN (missing file)

where "the_best_movie-1988.mkv" is the filename of the missing movie in a disk that was damaged.

Thanks
No, not currently possible.
  •   
  • 180(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617