• 52(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
| banner | fanart | poster | thumb | thumbnail | TOTAL
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached | 68 | 194 | 259 | 1303 | 37 | 1861
Deleted | 68 | 192 | 259 | 1303 | 34 | 1856
Duplicate | 1371 | 1371 | 1371 | - | 5 | 4118
Error | - | - | - | - | - | 0
Ignored | - | - | - | - | - | 0
Season-all | - | - | - | - | - | 0
Skipped | - | - | - | - | - | 0
Undefined | - | 40 | - | - | 42 | 82
==================================================================================================
TOTAL | 1507 | 1797 | 1889 | 2606 | 118 | 7917
Download Time | 00:01:49.22 | 00:00:42.89 | 00:01:12.64 | 00:28:29.92 | 00:00:40.15 | 00:44:22.60

I just runned the tool with ./texturecache.py C for the first time.

Is this normal that there are so much files in duplicate? If i use ./texturecache.py duplicate there are no files listed.

is there any probleme with my database? i have no problems at all, but im confused about this much files in duplicate.
Yes, it's quite normal.

It's usually tvshows which have the same tvshow poster, fanart, banner, landscape etc. (when present on tvshow header) that are then repeated on every season, and every episode. Season posters are also repeated on each episode. Since this artwork only needs to be cached once, the repeated instances of the same artwork items are flagged as "Duplicate" and ignored.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the fast answer!
Hi,

I tried to run with c parameter on RPi but I'm getting this error.
I enabled web server 8080 port and other options described in the error message.

FATAL: The task you wish to perform requires that the JSON-RPC server is
enabled and running on the XBMC system you wish to connect.

In addtion, ensure that the following options are ENABLED on the
XBMC client in Settings -> Services -> Remote control:

Allow programs on this system to control XBMC
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC

A connection cannot be established to the following JSON-RPC server:
localhost:9090

Check settings in properties file texturecache.cfg
Other than following the instructions in the message I can only suggest restarting xbmc in case the rpc server has crashed.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I didn't use the config file. Can that be the reason? How can check that Json-rpc server is running?

I'm using your latest build BTW.
I'm connecting using SSH from Android if the client matters.
(2014-02-20, 22:19)vbaros Wrote: I didn't use the config file. Can that be the reason? How can check that Json-rpc server is running?

No, the script will use sane defaults and try to connect to the RPC server on localhost port 9090, so as long as you're running the script on the same machine you are running the XBMC client you should be good to go.

It is possible to configure XBMC to use an alternative port for the RPC server by adding settings to advancedsettings.xml but I'm assuming you haven't done that. However if you have then you need to either reset the XBMC RPC port back to the default 9090 or configure the script to use the same port (property: rpc.port)

(2014-02-20, 22:19)vbaros Wrote: I'm using your latest build BTW.
I'm connecting using SSH from Android if the client matters.

Connect to your Pi using SSH and then run the following command on the Pi:
Code:
telnet localhost 9090

What do you see in the console?

If you see nothing, just a blinking cursor, then type ctrl-c and e to exit - your RPC server is running normally.

However if you see the following:
Code:
telnet: can't connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

then your RPC server is not running (failed to start, or has crashed).

Possible remedies: Remove your .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml file, reboot and set up your Pi again. Reboot your Pi once more to ensure the RPC server starts correctly.

If the RPC server is still not working after the above, I really don't know what could be the reason, maybe it's your network or router (firewall maybe? Are you connecting wired or wifi?).
Hi, i cant get my thumbnails cleaned. Im using a NAS and they are set as public rights. I have tried with the texturecache.cfg thumbnail entry to "/server/share" and "smb://server/share" but get same error anyway.

Using mysql db also.

any ideas?

thanks
/jowe
The latter (smb:// etc.) certainly isn't supported, and depending on your version of XBMC you may not need to set this property at all if dbjson is active. But without knowing what the error is I can't really help - a logfile is generally the most use to me.
I downloaded the script onto my Pi and copied the default properties file and updated the below and renamed it .cfg
WebServer port
ID
Password to match my settings.

I get this when i run the script.. Sorry new to linux and this stuff.. so pardon my ignorance.

./texturecache.py c
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./texturecache.py", line 6912, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "./texturecache.py", line 6661, in main
if not checkConfig(argv[0]): sys.exit(2)
File "./texturecache.py", line 6323, in checkConfig
data = jcomms.sendJSON(REQUEST, "libPing", checkResult=False, useWebServer=True)
File "./texturecache.py", line 1566, in sendJSON
data = self.sendWeb("POST", "/jsonrpc", json.dumps(request), {"Content-Type": "application/json"}, timeout=timeout)
File "./texturecache.py", line 1534, in sendWeb
raise httplib.HTTPException("Remote web host requires webserver.username/webserver.password properties")
httplib.HTTPException: Remote web host requires webserver.username/webserver.password properties
Add the properties weberver.port, webserver.username and webserver.password to the file texturecache.cfg (in the same directory as texturecache.py).
Code:
webserver.port = 80
webserver.username = <username>
webserver.password = <password>

eg.:
Code:
webserver.port = 80
webserver.username = xbmc
webserver.password = my5ecre7pa55w0rd
Sorry had the cfg in a diff path.. my bad for not following what u posted. It ran now.
Delete your current texturecache.cfg file - don't set properties unless you need to set them. The script will use sensible defaults.

You only need to set the properties that use non-default values, which in your case is the webserver port, username and password - everything else doesn't need to be included in the properties file.

Paste the output of the following command executed on your Pi:
Code:
grep webserver ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml

Edit: Just seen your reply. Great it works, you should still delete most of those properties from your cfg though.
(2014-02-23, 16:20)MilhouseVH Wrote: The latter (smb:// etc.) certainly isn't supported, and depending on your version of XBMC you may not need to set this property at all if dbjson is active. But without knowing what the error is I can't really help - a logfile is generally the most use to me.

I copied the tn folder from my nas to downloads on openELEC box, and set that dir in config file. Run the script and then copied it back to nas. The folder is about 1/3 of what it used to be.

If you want i can try again and get the logs ant errors.
/jowe
(2014-02-24, 20:38)Jowe Wrote: I copied the tn folder from my nas to downloads on openELEC box, and set that dir in config file. Run the script and then copied it back to nas. The folder is about 1/3 of what it used to be.

If you want i can try again and get the logs ant errors.
/jowe

You shouldn't need to copy thumbnails around to access them with this script.

If you're using path substitution then just specify an absolute path in the properties file to where the thumbnail directory can be accessed by the script. However if you're using a recent Gotham build, then the script no longer requires direct access to the Thumbnails folder for most options (it still does for r/R but not any of the cache or prune options) - by default it will use the JSON Texture API to manage the thumbnails and this API should (I think) support your path substitution.

If the JSON Texture API is being used (it's the default) and you say your Thumbnails folder is not accessible then I'll need a logfile to see what the problem is, in that case it might be an XBMC issue. If however you're not using the JSON Texture API (not a recent Gotham, or API disabled with dbjson=no) so that direct file access to the Thumbnails folder is required then it's most likely a file permissions or configuration issue on your part which you'll need to fix.

Although to be honest you still haven't really explained or shown any evidence of what the problem actually is - upload a logfile somewhere. Your config file would be helpful too. And finally, just confirm that the user running the script actually has read/write access to the path you are specifying for the "thumbnails" property.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17