[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-03-24, 14:29)charrua Wrote: Perfect! A very good call to add the property cache.ignore.types
The log file is also an amazing addition to know in more detail what's going on.
Thanks again for all your excellent work.
Thanks. Smile

(2013-03-24, 14:29)charrua Wrote: Now the bad news Smile
I was testing the other options, and I found that there's something wrong with r/R, as it is showing all the files in the cache as orphaned.
While testing the R option, the script deleted the entire XBMC cache, so I'm now rebuilding it using the c option.
Please let me know if you need any more data on this issue.

Ouch! Sorry about that, but unfortunately it's working fine for me here... can you run the script without parameters and check your config is correct, and pointing at the correct database etc.? Not sure how it could get it quite so spectacularly wrong unless the texture db really was empty... avoiding the R option would be sensible until we can get to the bottom of this.

(2013-03-24, 14:29)charrua Wrote: Option qax is working partially: it requests XBMC the rescan of the affected sources, but XBMC doesn't refresh the info on the files on that source, probably because the already calculated hash of the source (stored in the media DB in the field path.strHash) has not changed.
Deleting the hash stored in that field and then asking XBMC for a new scan of that source should do the trick.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Not sure if I can change the hash as I'm using JSON rather than accessing the media library directly but will have a hunt around, thanks for the tip.

(2013-03-24, 13:20)ctawn Wrote: Thanks Milhouse, for the fast work. This time it fails on a json dependency:

Code:
ATV:/bin root# ./texturecache.py c
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./texturecache.py", line 209, in <module>
    import os, sys, ConfigParser, StringIO, httplib, urllib2 as urllib, json, re, datetime
ImportError: No module named json

I don't know if there's a newer Python available, but 2.5.1 is what "apt-get install" yields. I'm actually surprised that XBMC doesn't already depend on python, and that it wasn't installed already. Could not get json via apt-get install either. This is all a little involved for me anyway, so I'm going to get around my problems (hopefully) by reverting to my old userdata folder before I used the Thumbnail Cleaner script, and then deleting all the old pre-Frodo thumbnails (as described by jmarshall).

To be honest, I have no experience of the ATV2 and no idea what version of Python is running or capable of running and I'm really surprised it's as old as you say, however the lack of json makes me think something isn't quite right with your setup, maybe it's a paths issue. Also, skeeney in this thread had the script working fine on an ATV2, so if you're still interested you might want to follow up or hope someone can suggest something because it should work.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-03-24, 14:41
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617