[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-03-24, 14:41)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 14:29)charrua Wrote: Option qax is working partially: it requests XBMC the rescan of the affected sources, but XBMC doesn't refresh the info on the files on that source, probably because the already calculated hash of the source (stored in the media DB in the field path.strHash) has not changed.
Deleting the hash stored in that field and then asking XBMC for a new scan of that source should do the trick.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Not sure if I can change the hash as I'm using JSON rather than accessing the media library directly but will have a hunt around, thanks for the tip.

I've had a quick look at the JSON API again, and there's nothing there that seems likely to do the job, so the basic scan is all there is. Unless @jmarshall can suggest anything? I really haven't looked at how the scanner works, but it would be nice if there was a JSON method to force a re-scrape of media, rather than have the scraper do nothing because it doesn't believe there is anything wrong, or that requires updating.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-03-24, 16:08
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17