[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-03-26, 13:57)uNiversal Wrote: Would be extra nice if script could trigger the calculation of the total duration as well but am unsure if this is at all possible.

Thanks for response will be keeping an eye.

uNi

Sadly not having much luck.

I've tried all the methods that return stream details (Files.GetFileDetails, VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails, individually and in combination), even downloading the video file (Files.PrepareDownload then downloading over HTTP, tried Files.Download), and I can't find any JSON method that causes XBMC to extract and return the stream details.

Basically, unless you've played back the video in XBMC (or listed it in the GUI, waiting for the SD/HD tags to appear), then XBMC will refuse to return stream details over JSON, which sucks, as I know the problem you are referring to but it looks like it's being handled specially by the GUI and beyond JSON at this time. Probably should be raised as an issue, as this renders the streamdetails side of JSON nigh on useless - virtually my entire library has no stream details according to JSON.

I don't have any iOS or Android apps here, but I'm guessing they don't show streamdetails for videos that haven't yet been pulled up in the GUI, or never played back,but if they are showing these stream details for new media then there must be a way...

Suggestions welcomed!

(2013-03-26, 13:55)charrua Wrote: The total duration of media is not cached, it's calculated in real time each time you access a list.
If you want the loading of lists to be faster you can use a skin that doesn't show that info (there are a few).

It seems this has to be extracted from the media on the fly, if it's not already specified in the NFOs, and this is only done the first time the item is listed (or played back)... once that information is extracted, and stored in the media library, it should be much quicker to calculate the total runtime of a given list of items.

The trick is finding the trigger that causes XBMC to extract this information from specific media items - it certainly doesn't look like this has been implemented for JSON, unfortunately. Grrrr...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-03-26, 15:07
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617