[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-03-29, 22:07)charrua Wrote: Just two small cosmetic suggestions:
-show the processing time in the statistics
-put the TOTAL column as first one instead of last
(other than that, I believe that the script has reached the first stage of maturity with v0.3.1 Wink)
Congrats on a job well done, my friend!

I'll see about adding some timing stats... not sure about moving the Total column though - on the right is normal, isn't it?

(2013-03-29, 22:07)charrua Wrote: The next step (just in case you want it to gain popularity) is transforming the script to an ADD-ON (as previously suggested) Laugh

Anyone willing to take up that challenge is more than welcome to fork my repository! Smile

Though what would be gained from running it as an addon. I'd say more would be lost - it would be slower (add-on are always slow to start, stop etc.), less useful (you couldn't pipe, grep or otherwise mangle the output for more complicated processing), and scheduling would be more difficult (maybe scheduling is possible for addons - not really sure).

Maybe the script could serve as the basis for an addon, which just calls out to texturecache.py, crunches the results and presents them to the user - an add-on wrapper.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-03-29, 22:51
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17