[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-04-18, 23:01)nsviper Wrote: Not sure why its trying to download the artwork from the web when I have all art locally? Am i missing a config option to force it to use local folders?

No config issues, that's where XBMC thinks your artwork is - on the web.

Not sure how you've scraped your library, but for whatever reason XBMC has decided to locate your banners using web resources, not local.

Have you used a utility like Artwork Downloader and "overwritten" your locally referenced fanart/banners with remote artwork? The fact you have clearart, discart etc. in your media library makes me suspect this is what you have done.

If you want to see what is in your media library, run - as an example - ./texturecache.py jd movies cloverfield and you'll see that your artwork (some, if not all) is referenced remotely ie. http: rather than local (c:/nfs:/smb:/etc.).

Note also, that fanart.tv appears to prevent multiple concurrent connections, no doubt to avoid being flooded with requests, so you'll get a lot of download failures running multiple download threads against this site (as, indeed, you are). If you do want to download artwork from fanart.tv, then I would suggest you add "singlethread.urls = assets.fanart.tv" to your properties file (texturecache.cfg) so that this artwork is downloaded sequentially over a single thread - slow, but reliable.

I should probably make this the default setting (@Martijn, are you able to confirm if this behaviour is correct? Totally understandable if it is).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-04-19, 00:50
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17