• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Yes, it's only the c and C options that require (and therefore test for) the webserver.

I've just committed a small change (v0.7.4) to texturecache.py which should help capture the response from the web server, although I'm guessing it's blank ("") rather than a valid JSON response.

Can you run "texturecache.py update" then "texturecache.py C @logfile=tc.log @logfile.verbose=yes" and hopefully the log will be more informative this time.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Seems something is missing in the cfg

I have added allow.recacheall=yes and now

Though the J argument doesn't work now....
I can't see your images... can you paste the output and/or logfiles (the latter is best) to pastebin.

Edit: OK, the images have come through now...

Edit: I need the logfile to tell what has gone wrong with the J option, also pasting your properties file would be useful. Run

Code:
texturecache.py J movies avatar @logfile=tc.log @logfile.verbose=yes

and then upload tc.log and texturecache,cfg to pastebin - many thanks. Chances are you've specified an invalid movie field.

Also, can you upload the log you get when running the "C" command? I kind of need that... Running it for "c movies avatar" will be equally fine. Thanks.

Finally, if you make your cmd window wider (right click the title bar -> Properties -> Layout -> Window/Screen Buffer Size Widh -> 120 or whatever) it will look a whole lot better...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The config file

J argument for avatar

C movies argument for avatar

That's a lot of info. Please let me know when I can delete those links quickly Tongue
(2013-06-14, 00:07)RazorFR Wrote: Config

J argument for avatar

OK, regarding your config - I guess I must have removed support for "None" at some point. You can either wait for an update where I'll fix this, or remove "None" from your config, ie:
Code:
extrajson.albums  =
extrajson.artists =
extrajson.songs   =
extrajson.movies  =
extrajson.sets    =
extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
extrajson.tvshows.season =
extrajson.tvshows.episode=

Also where you have "cache.castthumb = False" try to use yes/no not True/False.

(2013-06-14, 00:07)RazorFR Wrote: Pastebin won't take C movies argument result. Looks something like that for avatar

%3a%5cMy%20Sets%5cSet%20-%203D%20Movies%5cAvatar%20(2009)%5cAvatar.2009.3D.HSBS.1080p.BluRay.AC3.x264.INFERNO-fanart.jpg/","poster":"image://F%3a

That's a lot of info. Please let me know when I can delete those links quickly Tongue

Yes it will be similar to "J movies avatar", but not the same and that's why I want it! :-)

Just run "texturecache.py c movies avatar @logfile=tc.log @logfile.verbose=yes" and then upload the tc.log - it shouldn't be very big. The key thing is I need to see the response from your webserver, which isn't present in the J log (as the webserver isn't a required resource).

You can delete the links if you like, though pastebin will delete them in a month or so.
I have edited previous post and posted texturecache.py c movies avatar @logfile=tc.log @logfile.verbose=yes

Cheers

Edit: now J working with the changes you suggested to the cfg
(2013-06-14, 00:24)RazorFR Wrote: I have edited previous post and posted texturecache.py c movies avatar @logfile=tc.log @logfile.verbose=yes

Cheers

Edit: now J working with the changes you suggested to the cfg

Many thanks. What's odd is that the webserver response is now entirely valid when it couldn't have been before... very weird. Oh well! Smile

I've decided not to support "None" as a field type. It's just not the right thing to do, and I've corrected the first post in this thread - apologies for the misinformation.

I've uploaded a new version (0.7.5) which contains just a minor fix to warn about potentially invalid sources when running the "missing" option.

Hopefully you are now up and running - thanks for helping debug!

Tip: Jd is more useful (readable) than J, and J/Jd is equivalent to j/jd when the extrajson fields are all blank (as yours are). Also, if your hardware is up to it, you can increase the number of download threads by modifying the download.threads property.
Many Thanks for the help. I got it working like I wanted now, and that is a very useful tool. Just what I missed in xbmc.

No big deal, but while testing a little bit, I have noticed that the update command seems to be broken.
"Unable to determine version of the latest file, check internet if available"

Cheers
(2013-06-14, 18:02)RazorFR Wrote: Many Thanks for the help. I got it working like I wanted now, and that is a very useful tool. Just what I missed in xbmc.

Great.

(2013-06-14, 18:02)RazorFR Wrote: No big deal, but while testing a little bit, I have noticed that the update command seems to be broken.
"Unable to determine version of the latest file, check internet if available"

Hmmm... it's working fine here, check the machine you are running on has internet access and can access github.com.
Internet access is OK.

It seems I can ping www.github.com via command line...

Strange, yesterday I remember the update worked with python27, I just changed to 33 in the meantime
Does it still work (update) with Python27? I'll run some tests with Python33 in a short while but nothing has changed in that area of the code for a while.
OK I take that back, looks like the version check is borked in Python 3.3... working on a fix...

New version v0.7.7 uploaded with fix for Python3 version check - thanks for finding!
Yeap working fine now. Thanks, for the quick fix !

Last one for debugging, It looks like season-all-poster.jpg in tvshows are generating a problem in the script here
Those are the only errors I get when running the whole video library re-caching.
Yeah I noticed that and reviewed the code last night - can you run:

Code:
texturecache.py directory "F:\My TV Shows\Battlestar Galactica (2003)"

and paste the results (or screenshot).

The thing is, that season-all posters are not returned by the media library so the script resorts to querying the directory to see if you have season-all posters/banners/fanart and if it finds them, it will try to download them. However, if your scraper hasn't scraped in your season-all posters/banners/fanart for some reason, it will result in a download error. So at the moment I'm guessing that your TV shows have season-all posters, but your scraper has not loaded them. Or something like that...
here it is
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17