[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-06-30, 21:40)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 17:45)AnotherPhil Wrote: Hi,

I'd like to run this most excellent script from another computer on my Windows network. Can I have some suggestions on how best (simplest) to do this

On Windows, you'll need to install Python 2.7.3 (or 3.3) on the PC running the script - most Linux PCs have it already or can install it with apt-get install python.

You'll need to specify the IP address (or hostname) of the remote client, this is the property xbmc.host. And the MAC address (network.mac) if you want to wake the remote client.

Depending on what action you wish to perform, you may require read/write access to the Userdata folder, the location of which is specified by the userdata property. For remote access, you may need to mount the location of the Userdata folder on the local PC. If you don't intend to perform any cache related operations (ie. you will just be querying the media library or making JSON calls) then you don't need to worry about the Userdata folder and can leave it undefined.

Assuming you configure the XBMC webserver to use port 8080 with no username/password, and don't require access to the Userdata folder, then the minimum information required by the script for remote access to a client is just the xbmc.host, ie:

Code:
texturecache.py jd movies avatar @xbmc.host=192.168.0.1

or create a file called texturecache.cfg in the same directory as the script, and specify:
Code:
xbmc.host=192.168.0.1
then run:
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies avatar

See the README for more details.

(2013-06-30, 17:45)AnotherPhil Wrote: and preferably be notified when the script has completed.

Can't really help you here - maybe send yourself an email or something? I'm sure there's software for Windows that can help you do that.

Most helpful my Good Man Big Grin

One more nube question if I may...Is possible to restrict the Prune option to a particular movie e.g. python texturecache.py P movies "Dr. No" ?

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by AnotherPhil - 2013-07-01, 20:35
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617