• 26(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
@hudo - fix should be there now.

Version 1.0.0
  • Fix: Handle "internal error" during prune operation when no movie sets are defined
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

Sorry to keep you waiting for an answer. Been fighting PVR not working as intended. No, no movie sets.

All working perfectly now. Like I said, the most powerful and useful script for XBMC.

Thanks!

hudo
hi millhouse, im attempting to run your script with the c option to create any missing artwork, exact command as follows:-

python ./texturecache.py c

im running openelec 3.2.1 64bit and have PVR enabled (tvheadend), i am getting repeated errors in the logfile (verbose logging switched on) i have created a config file and have the following in the config file:-

xbmc.host = localhost
webserver.port = 80
webserver.username = xbmc
webserver.password = <my password>
rpc.port = 9090
logfile = ./texturecache.log
logfile.verbose = yes

the first error i see is a json error regards downloading what looks to be an addon:-

Need to cache: [ fanart ] for addon: Repositories Installer

Caching artwork: 3 items remaining of 3 (qs: 0, qm: 3), 0 errors, 1 thread activCaching artwork: 2 items remaining of 3 (qs: 0, qm: 2), 0 errors, 2 threads actiCaching artwork: 1 item remaining of 3 (qs: 0, qm: 1), 0 errors, 2 threads activCaching artwork: 0 items remaining of 3 (qs: 0, qm: 0), 0 errors, 1 thread activCaching artwork: 0 items remaining of 3 (qs: 0, qm: 0), 1 error, 0 threads active (32.97 downloads per second, ETA: 00:00:00)

The following items could not be downloaded:

[fanart ] [Repositories Installer ] image:///storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.repo.installer//
libPvr.tv.channel.ERROR: JSON response has no result!
{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': u'libPvr.tv.channel', u'error': {u'message': u'Invalid params.', u'code': -32602, u'data': {u'method': u'PVR.GetChannels', u'stack': {u'message': u'Received value does not match any of the union type definitions', u'type': [u'string', u'integer'], u'name': u'channelgroupid'}}}}

i then see the following repeated, so looks like its failing on every item:-

2013-09-30 13:01:24.452457:Thread-5 : preparedl.JSON WEB REQUEST: [{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "params": {"path": "image://%2fstorage%2fdownloads%2fxbmc_videodb_2013-03-26%2fmovies%2fContact_1997-fanart.jpg/"}, "method": "Files.PrepareDownload", "id": "preparedl"}]
2013-09-30 13:01:24.458357:Thread-4 : preparedl.RECEIVED DATA: {"error":{"code":-32602,"data":{"details":null},"message":"Invalid params."},"id":"preparedl","jsonrpc":"2.0"}
2013-09-30 13:01:24.458813:Thread-4 : Image not available for download - uncacheable (embedded?), or doesn't exist. Filename [image://%2fstorage%2fdownloads%2fxbmc_videodb_2013-03-26%2fmovies%2fConfessions_of_a_Shopaholic_2009-fanart.jpg/]

any ideas whats going on?, from what ive read about so far i think this is PVR related possibly.

edit - have now posted up a larger log file (zipped) http://sharesend.com/hdiqc127

edit - another thought, openelec tend to use bleeding edge updates to 12.2 (frodo) and thus possibly there has been a change in the json construct, i see that error 32602 is related to "Invalid method parameter(s)", so possibly a tweak is required for the new json format?.

thanks.
The log you uploaded doesn't contain any PVR related information as it's a run for "c movies" - can you try again with "c pvr.tv"? Frodo shouldn't now be changing the JSON API, so it may just be another workaround that requires adding. Although you have PVR enabled, do you have any TV channels defined? What about Radio channels (try "c pvr.radio")?

As for the the "c movies" log, it shows a number of artwork items that couldn't be downloaded, eg.
Code:
/storage/downloads/xbmc_videodb_2013-03-26/movies/A_Grand_Day_Out_with_Wallace_and_Gromit_1989-fanart.jpg
/storage/downloads/xbmc_videodb_2013-03-26/movies/Austin_Powers_in_Goldmember_2002-fanart.jpg
/storage/downloads/xbmc_videodb_2013-03-26/movies/Bambi_1942-fanart.jpg
so my guess is that these files no longer exist but are still referenced by your media library - try cleaning your media library.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Will "texturecache.py C" or "texturecache.py C" video or "texturecache.py C movies" include movie sets?

Or do I have to specifically use "texturecache.py C sets"?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-10-01, 04:59)CaptainKen Wrote: Will "texturecache.py C" or "texturecache.py C" video or "texturecache.py C movies" include movie sets?

"texturecache.py C" and "texturecache.py C video" both include movie sets.

"texturecache.py C movies" is just for movies.

Code:
"audio": albums + artists + songs
"video": movies + sets + tvshows
"all":   audio + video + addons + agenres + vgenres + pvr.tv + pvr.radio
"":      all - songs
Hello, I was sent here from this thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1517908

I would LOVE a way to identify duplicate movies (based on IMDB matchup seems the most logical) - this eliminates different file names / file formats etc. Do you think this is possible and if so, how does one purchase you beers?
really need this script to run so i can have a relatively smooth rasPi install but when i try to run the script i get the following error

OpenELEC:/var/tmp $ ./texturecache.py C
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./texturecache.py", line 33, in <module>
import sqlite3 as lite
ImportError: No module named sqlite3

I'm running the latest OpenElec (3.2.2 i think it is) and its a shared mysql db

any idea?
(2013-10-02, 11:28)AbRASiON Wrote: Hello, I was sent here from this thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1517908

I would LOVE a way to identify duplicate movies (based on IMDB matchup seems the most logical) - this eliminates different file names / file formats etc. Do you think this is possible and if so, how does one purchase you beers?

Hmm... OK. What would you want to see? The name and path of the duplicate movies? I'll give it some thought, but a bit busy today/tomorrow so maybe later in the week. If you have any thoughts between now and then, post away...
(2013-10-02, 15:43)thefunkygibbon Wrote: really need this script to run so i can have a relatively smooth rasPi install but when i try to run the script i get the following error

OpenELEC:/var/tmp $ ./texturecache.py C
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./texturecache.py", line 33, in <module>
import sqlite3 as lite
ImportError: No module named sqlite3

I'm running the latest OpenElec (3.2.2 i think it is) and its a shared mysql db

any idea?

I don't understand why that should be happening, to be honest - unless the sqlite3 module is no longer part of OpenELEC 3.2.2 but I highly doubt that (it's still in Gotham builds). Are you modifying your PATH or environment in any way?
nope. the only thing i've changed is the advancedsettings.xml so that it uses sql db.

although i'm using berryboot which allows for booting various OS's but i would have thought that each build of each OS was completely self contained.
Should be self contained, though I've never tried Berryboot myself. Regular OpenELEC definitely works as it's what I use. MySQL makes no difference as the script uses JSON to access your media library, and sqlite3 is needed for the local texture database. Check you have a sqlite3 module somewhere in /usr.
its in there.
/usr/lib/python2.7/sqlite3

weird
(2013-10-01, 05:26)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 04:59)CaptainKen Wrote: Will "texturecache.py C" or "texturecache.py C" video or "texturecache.py C movies" include movie sets?

"texturecache.py C" and "texturecache.py C video" both include movie sets.

"texturecache.py C movies" is just for movies.

Code:
"audio": albums + artists + songs
"video": movies + sets + tvshows
"all":   audio + video + addons + agenres + vgenres + pvr.tv + pvr.radio
"":      all - songs

Great, thank you!
(2013-08-05, 21:16)MilhouseVH Wrote: Thanks to CaptainKen for helping debug his problem, which is being caused by those backslashes. It turns out that XBMC is automatically converting the erroneous backslashes into forward slashes when creating entries in Textures13.db, so reconciling the media library paths (with backslashes) against the texture cache (without backslahes) was problematic...

The script will now inspect the path and replace the slashes whenever it can't find a match, so the overhead should be fairly minimal.

Version 0.8.9
  • Fix: Swap back/forward slashes on JSON artwork paths whenever a slash is used incorrectly (see here for details)

Which command should I use to fix the backslashes? This is driving me crazy with either artwork not showing up or not updating artwork that changed.

Also does your modified version of MSAA incorporate a fix?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1470825
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17