[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
I've done some more testing with mangled filenames, and I'm close to reverting all the attempted fixes, as it's an impossible situation to resolve.

The problem being that when downloading a mangled filename (in order to cache an item) the webserver will insert corrected urls into the texture cache. However when the same artwork is viewed in the GUI, it will be unable to find the now corrected url so the GUI will create another row using the mangled url and cache the artwork a second time.

So although this script can correct the urls in order to match against the texture database, and then delete or re-cache those items, it's doing so only for it's own benefit - the GUI won't use those cached items with corrected urls that no longer match the media library, nor is it possible for this script to create rows with mangled urls as per the media library because the webserver is frustratingly correcting them on-the-fly...

So we have a situation where two parts of XBMC are not in sync: the GUI, which blindly uses what it's given by the media library (which is probably correct), and the webserver which, when asked to download a mangled url by this script (or any other means), apparently corrects the url before inserting it into the texture cache to create what is, to all intents and purposes, a perfectly good but utterly useless cache item (in GUI terms, anyway).

I'll contact the webserver maintainer (is it Montellese?) to see if this inconsistency can be resolved, but I'm not going to waste any more time trying to work around mangled urls that are being set by addons in the media library. The best solution is to use addons that do not create mangled urls in the first place but failing that, consistent behaviour between XBMC front-end and back-end would be helpful! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-11-10, 04:56
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617