[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-11-22, 13:57)Enlightened Wrote: I'm having a problem with my music not caching artwork I've manually added. I'm guessing that's what undefined above is. And therefore not being pushed to my other machines. I've used c to recache but its not doing anything for the artwork. It's being read locally c:/music/artist/extrafanart.

"Undefined" means an artwork item with a value of "", eg.
Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies zombie
[
  {
    "art": {
      "discart": ""
      "clearart": "image://http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/19908/movieart/zombieland-4fd8c70fd673c.png/",
      "clearlogo": "image://http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/19908/hdmovielogo/zombieland-5145e97ed73a4.png/",
      "fanart": "image://nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/MoviesHD/Zombieland (2009)[BDRip]-fanart.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/MoviesHD/Zombieland (2009)[BDRip]-poster.jpg/"
    },
    "file": "nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media/Video/MoviesHD/Zombieland (2009)[BDRip].mkv",
    "label": "Zombieland",
    "movieid": 667,
    "title": "Zombieland"
  }
]

In the above example, "discart" would be classified as "Undefined".

BTW, "Ignored" would be those items that match one of the patterns specified in cache.ignore.types, the defaults being ^video and ^music, which serve to exclude "embedded" artwork as embedded artwork cannot be pre-loaded into the cache.

You can run a "QA" check on your media with "qa tvshows" (or movies, or music), and if you've now downloaded the artwork replace them with "qax tvshows" which will remove and re-scan the episodes (set @qaperiod=9999 if you do this to widen the default search window, which is media added during the previous 30 days).

As for your music artwork, the best bet would be to look at what you have defined in the media library using the "jd" option, eg. "jd artists <artistname>" and post up the details if you're not sure how to interpret. Or add "@logfile=c:\tc.log" to the command line you used to generate the above output, then send me a link to the log (you may need to zip it).

Though using a path such as "c:/music/artist/extrafanart" doesn't sound like a good idea if you are expecting this artwork to be shared amongst multiple clients (machines). You should be adding you music artwork to the media library with an "smb://" path and then sharing your c:/music folder so that all clients can access it via SMB. This would most likely explain why your other clients can't see the artwork as they can't access it (check for errors in their xbmc.log) - only the client with access to c:/music can cache this artwork.

(2013-11-22, 13:57)Enlightened Wrote: When I delete extrafanart my main machine no longer has the artwork either.
This problem and advance launcher not showing fanart in mq5 are my only problems I can't seem to find an answer to.

I don't know what problem you have or are describing here - more detail?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-11-22, 20:54
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617