[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-12-31, 03:22)vbat99 Wrote: Thought there was a auto-library update addon for this type of thing?

There is Library Watchdog - not sure if it works with the Raspberry Pi (edit: apparently it does) but it has been known to cause quite a few problems (certainly on Windows anyway).

Personally I prefer to monitor and manage my media files using scripts running on a headless R-Pi (plain Raspbian) then use the headless R-Pi to remotely update my XBMC clients whenever new media appears. I really wouldn't want my R-Pi XBMC clients polling for updates or otherwise wasting cycles checking for new media that isn't there, plus with this approach if you have a centralised MySQL you can pre-load the texture cache of all of your remote XBMC non-scraping clients once new media has been added to the centralised library (so far no addon available to do this).

Edit: There's also Library Auto Updater, wiki entry here, though since you've already got cron and texturecache.py set up I don't think its going to offer you any significant benefits.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-12-31, 03:28
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17