• 51(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-02-12, 14:20)piotrasd Wrote:
Code:
extrajson.albums = None

Remove "None" as a value for any property, it's not valid. If you want to assign a blank value to a property, just leave the value blank, eg.

Code:
extrajson.albums =

(2014-02-12, 14:20)piotrasd Wrote: but i get almost 90% ignored Sad even if i use "C all" with small c also (after delate textures.db also Sad )
(the most strage thing is, even if finish caching once and try one more time then start from 0 - when im use small "c" )
Code:
cache.artwork = thumb, fanart, clearlogo, poster, landscape, extrafanart, cast.thumb, characterart

Don't set the cache.artwork property unless you only want to cache the specified artwork types (and ignore everything else). The default value is for it to be blank, which means that all artwork types will be considered for caching.

The reason you're not caching anything is because you've specified only specific artwork types to be cached, and by not including all your artwork types you've excluded artwork types you are now trying to cache. From the logfile:
Code:
2014-02-12 12:24:00.862575:MainThread: Ignored [extrathumbs ] for [/media/movies/2 Days in New York (2012)/extrathumbs/thumb4.jpg] as image type not in cache.artwork list
2014-02-12 12:24:00.862846:MainThread: Ignored [extrathumbs ] for [/media/movies/2 Days in New York (2012)/extrathumbs/thumb3.jpg] as image type not in cache.artwork list
2014-02-12 12:24:00.863083:MainThread: Ignored [extrathumbs ] for [/media/movies/2 Days in New York (2012)/extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg] as image type not in cache.artwork list
2014-02-12 12:24:00.863315:MainThread: Ignored [extrathumbs ] for [/media/movies/2 Days in New York (2012)/extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg] as image type not in cache.artwork list
2014-02-12 12:24:00.865421:MainThread: Ignored [discart     ] for [http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/136400/moviedisc/2-guns-52801ae748126.png] as image type not in cache.artwork list
2014-02-12 12:24:00.865901:MainThread: Ignored [clearart    ] for [http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/136400/hdmovieclearart/2-guns-517e7e9f3bdf9.png] as image type not in cache.artwork list
2014-02-12 12:24:00.866320:MainThread: Ignored [banner      ] for [http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/136400/moviebanner/2-guns-52037927b2e5d.jpg] as image type not in cache.artwork list

Likewise with the qa.art.movies - it's only going to QA those artwork types, which probably isn't what you intend. Leave it blank, or better yet, don't specify it at all.

Basically, just set your cfg file to the following and remove the rest:
Code:
webserver.port = 80
download.threads = 5
extrajson.movies = trailer, streamdetails, file
cache.castthumb = yes
cache.extra = yes
logfile = /storage/test.log

I've left the extrajson.movies property in there assuming you want that property to be set and know why it's being set. If not, remove that too. I've also removed any property that you were setting with a default value or that isn't a valid property (the qa.file and qa.rating properties are not valid, and are just being ignored).

Enabling "cache.extra" will enable all three of cache.extrathumbs, cache.extrafanart and cache.videoextras.

My advice is to always add nothing to the configuration file unless you know exactly what effect the additional property has. Only set what you need to, and nothing more.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I am using texturecache in Pi running raspBMC to put my screen in sleep mode (rbphdmi option).
It was working quite well but since some days (new version?) I often see my screen in non sleep mode. After crosscheck, it appears that the texturecache process is no more running.
I activated the log but I don't see something specific in it (a bit long to reproduce here)
whats happened to the rest of the thread?
(2014-02-13, 00:12)stuCONNERS Wrote: whats happened to the rest of the thread?

Dunno, looks like some temporary glitch/corruption - fingers crossed it's OK now...

(2014-02-12, 22:26)darrepac Wrote: I am using texturecache in Pi running raspBMC to put my screen in sleep mode (rbphdmi option).
It was working quite well but since some days (new version?) I often see my screen in non sleep mode. After crosscheck, it appears that the texturecache process is no more running.
I activated the log but I don't see something specific in it (a bit long to reproduce here)

If you can upload the log (the output from @logfile) that would be useful (upload it to pastebin.com), as would "grep rbphdmi /var/log/messages (or /var/log/syslog - whatever is appropriate on raspbmc).

texturecache.py rbphdmi will quit if it is unable to re-connect to xbmc after 12 attempts (at 15 second intervals) - other than that I'm not sure why it would not be running, unless it never actually started after the initial boot.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-13, 01:42)MilhouseVH Wrote: If you can upload the log (the output from @logfile) that would be useful (upload it to pastebin.com), as would "grep rbphdmi /var/log/messages (or /var/log/syslog - whatever is appropriate on raspbmc).
Here is the @logfile content: http://pastebin.com/bgm85TdA
(2014-02-13, 14:20)darrepac Wrote:
(2014-02-13, 01:42)MilhouseVH Wrote: If you can upload the log (the output from @logfile) that would be useful (upload it to pastebin.com), as would "grep rbphdmi /var/log/messages (or /var/log/syslog - whatever is appropriate on raspbmc).
Here is the @logfile content: http://pastebin.com/bgm85TdA

Thanks, if that is the complete log then it suggests that the JSON communication is not commencing (where it listens for notifications from the XBMC client), or your attempt to run texturecache.py is exiting almost immediately for some unknown reason.

Try running the same texturecache.py command from the command line, not your normal boot startup script, and note any output you see which may indicate why it is failing to start properly.

If you add "@debug=yes" when starting "texturecache.py rbphdmi", you should see additional details written to /var/log/messages (or maybe /var/log/syslog) which may help diagnose what is happening. Obviously if you run it from the command line, you'll see the debug statements appear in your console window.
ok will do that (sorry for time to answer, the forum email alert doesn't seem to work...)
So again, texturecache is no more running.
Here is what I have in @logfile: http://pastebin.com/22Myg3Z9
Here is what I have when I redirect stand output to a file: http://pastebin.com/tMSejPuE
Maybe there is something useful being output to stderr (like a stacktrace) but I'm not seeing any reason for it not to be running in the two logs - it's either being killed or is crashing (but as to why I have no clue at this stage) Sad
mmm shame... tell me if you see something that I can do to test. What I can say is that 1 month ago it was more stable...

just wondering: texturecache seems to be a powerful tool and rbthdmi just a small subset of it. When I use the rbthdmi parameter, is it just doing the screen saver / off stuff or also the things that texturecache is originaly aimed?
(2014-02-14, 19:58)darrepac Wrote: mmm shame... tell me if you see something that I can do to test. What I can say is that 1 month ago it was more stable...

All I can ask you to test is running it from the command line (not redirecting to a file) and see if it crashes with an error.

I'll release an updated version shortly which will trap any unhandled exception and log it (if logging is enabled) but right now I can't think what could be the problem as it's working fine here (on OpenELEC).

(2014-02-14, 19:58)darrepac Wrote: just wondering: texturecache seems to be a powerful tool and rbthdmi just a small subset of it. When I use the rbthdmi parameter, is it just doing the screen saver / off stuff or also the things that texturecache is originaly aimed?

Just the screensaver stuff (plus checking if it's the latest version and auto-updating if necessary, all of the JSON communication, configuration processing, resource checks and error handling, and finally logging) so it's actually re-using several of the existing classes/functions. If you're wondering if it could be split out into a smaller script, yes absolutely but to me it's not worth it due to the significant duplication of code. Of course I could split texturecache.py up into about a dozen smaller inter-dependent class files, which would make development a hell of a lot easier, but then automatic updates and initial installation would become a problem.
(2014-02-14, 20:11)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 19:58)darrepac Wrote: mmm shame... tell me if you see something that I can do to test. What I can say is that 1 month ago it was more stable...

All I can ask you to test is running it from the command line (not redirecting to a file) and see if it crashes with an error.

I'll release an updated version shortly which will trap any unhandled exception and log it (if logging is enabled) but right now I can't think what could be the problem as it's working fine here (on OpenELEC).
Yep but I log using putty/ssh and if I run texturecache in the command line in foreground, then when putty will disconnect (it happens after some hours, or my PC will go in sleep mode), the process will be killed (unless I am wrong?).
What I can do is to redirect the stderr + stdout to a file??
@MilhouseVH I just found it out this and you did very good job with this script. It's perfect for clean thumb cache and update imdb ratings for my database.

Thank you for your great work.
(2014-02-14, 20:15)darrepac Wrote: Yep but I log using putty/ssh and run texturecache in the command line in foreground, then when putty will disconnect (it happens after some hours, or my PC will go in sleep mode), the process will be killed (unless I am wrong?).

Is this how you normally run rbphdmi, from the command line, or is this ssh disconnect occurring only while you are diagnosing this problem?

(2014-02-14, 20:15)darrepac Wrote: What I can do is to redirect the stderr + stdout to a file??

Try:
Code:
./texturecache.py rbphdmi @bin.tvservice=/opt/vc/bin/tvservice @logfile=/home/pi/texturecache.log @debug=yes 1>/home/pi/tcout.log 2>/home/pi/tcerr.log &

the "&" on the end may allow the process to continue running even if your SSH session disconnects.

(2014-02-14, 20:34)queeup Wrote: @MilhouseVH I just found it out this and you did very good job with this script. It's perfect for clean thumb cache and update imdb ratings for my database.

Thank you for your great work.

Glad you like it! Smile

texturecache.py (Version 1.4.6)
  • Add: If an unhandled exception occurs and logging is enabled (@logfile), write the exception details to the log file
(2014-02-14, 20:37)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 20:15)darrepac Wrote: Yep but I log using putty/ssh and run texturecache in the command line in foreground, then when putty will disconnect (it happens after some hours, or my PC will go in sleep mode), the process will be killed (unless I am wrong?).

Is this how you normally run rbphdmi, from the command line, or is this ssh disconnect occurring only while you are diagnosing this problem?
Except this days for debugging purposes, I run it from rc.local

(2014-02-14, 20:37)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 20:15)darrepac Wrote: What I can do is to redirect the stderr + stdout to a file??

Try:
Code:
./texturecache.py rbphdmi @bin.tvservice=/opt/vc/bin/tvservice @logfile=/home/pi/texturecache.log @debug=yes 1>/home/pi/tcout.log 2>/home/pi/tcerr.log &

the "&" on the end may allow the process to continue running even if your SSH session disconnects.
yep this is what I was meaning...will do it and keep you updated
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17