[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-03-05, 20:34)uNiversal Wrote: Well Ill try, but no, I have in fact been doing those commands since the Thumbnails dir and textures13.db have been created (not pre frodo nonsense here I only run master compiles and this install is about 3 months old at best.), but Im saying it now, I have done that already and the P and specificity R have been done yesterday.

The only other thing to try is running "r" which will list the orphaned files, and see if you can confirm that they are really orhpaned files - can you find the cachedurl for some of the supposedly orphaned files in your Textures13.db, and if not the next question is "why not"...

(2014-03-05, 20:34)uNiversal Wrote: I have on a diffent machine found a art bug as well see trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14986 and see if you reporduce that bug on your machines Wink already someone can duplicate it but the more the merrier.

I'll look into that a bit later and let you know.

(2014-03-05, 20:47)cgrey Wrote: Thanks for such a quick response. Hmmm - I may have something else going on. As it turns out, I was doing exactly what you suggested for the first part, specifically:

I had intentionally changed an NFO for a specific show (tvshow.NFO file) - removed a genre
Ensured the new NFO file has a datestamp of today's date

Ran the following: texturecache.py qax tvshows @qa.nfo.refresh=1

There was no "feedback" - was returned a few seconds later to a C:\ prompt (so I assume not context errors or typos, etc).

Went back to that show in XBMC, and the genre I removed from the NFO was still present in the show description.

I'll run through this exercise again later and generate some logs to see what I am missing

Bear in mind, and this still catches me out, that the default qaperiod is 30 days, and only items added within that period are considered during the qa/qax runs. If you want to essentially disable this check, set qaperiod=9999 which then ensures that items added during the last 9999 days are considered, which should be everything. It sounds like your movie/tvshow/episode was added more than 30 days ago, so is being ignored.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-03-05, 21:09
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617