• 66(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-05-31, 17:55)uNiversal Wrote: Will that remove all non existing local artwork from cache only and do nothing else, even if you never used mklocal before?

No, it will only remove non-existing local artwork from your media library database. However, once you've remove the non-existing artwork from your media library, a prune of the texture cache will then remove any cached artwork that no longer exists in your media library.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse, mklocal.py did the trick.

Another question, do you know where can I find the addon options to use (eg silent=true from your example) when using 'exec'? Id like to try and automate cdart manager.

Cheers.
first of all, big thanks MilhouseVH for amazing work!!

please explain me what duplicates is output referring to:
how to remove duplicates ?

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # ./texturecache.py nc
Need to cache: [  fanart  ] for addon: Confluence                                    
Need to cache: [thumbnail ] for addon: Confluence

Cache pre-load activity summary for "addons/agenres/vgenres/albums/artists/movies/sets/tvshows":

|    banner   |    fanart   |    poster   |    thumb    |  thumbnail  |    TOTAL    
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Deleted       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Duplicate     |     1835    |     1828    |     1828    |      2      |      5      |     5498    
Error         |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Ignored       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Not in Cache  |      -      |      1      |      -      |      -      |      1      |      2      
Season-all    |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Skipped       |      88     |     175     |     266     |     1714    |      35     |     2278    
Undefined     |      -      |      39     |      -      |      -      |      37     |      76    
==================================================================================================
TOTAL         |     1923    |     2043    |     2094    |     1716    |      78     |     7854
(2014-06-02, 05:27)teeedubb Wrote: Another question, do you know where can I find the addon options to use (eg silent=true from your example) when using 'exec'? Id like to try and automate cdart manager.

The only way to discover the options is to look at the documentation for the addon (forum thread, wiki, maybe github README) and hope the accepted options are spelled out, or failing that scan the source code for the addon and work it out from there.

(2014-06-02, 14:13)evoxbmc Wrote: please explain me what duplicates is output referring to:
how to remove duplicates ?

Duplicates are normal and not a problem. I explained them here. The onyl way to "remove" them would be to replace the duplicates with unique artwork, but this isn't always possible (certainly not in the case of tvshows) nor is it always desirable (eg. same fanart for an artist/albums/songs).

I would imagine most of your banner/fanart/poster duplicates are tvshow related (with artwork repeated - duplicated - at each level of season and episode).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Quote:Duplicates are normal and not a problem. I explained them here. The onyl way to "remove" them would be to replace the duplicates with unique artwork, but this isn't always possible (certainly not in the case of tvshows) nor is it always desirable (eg. same fanart for an artist/albums/songs).

I would imagine most of your banner/fanart/poster duplicates are tvshow related (with artwork repeated - duplicated - at each level of season and episode).

Ty for answer and explanation
(2014-06-02, 17:37)MilhouseVH Wrote: The only way to discover the options is to look at the documentation for the addon (forum thread, wiki, maybe github README) and hope the accepted options are spelled out, or failing that scan the source code for the addon and work it out from there.

Thanks. Looking through default.py it looks like it looks its possible to automate via script_mode=.
Not sure if I am supposed to post this in here but here goes anyway.

I've been using this texturecache for sometime now with no issues at all....but starting tonight whenever I clean and/or scan my db for new or to delete deleted movies the command just hangs....I'm not sure why....any ideas?

pi@raspbmc:~$ ./texturecache.py vclean
Cleaning library...
and sits here forever never returns prompt

pi@raspbmc:~$ ./texturecache.py vscan
Scanning library...
and sits here forever never returns prompt

I tried a reboot of the pi thinking something was hung but that didn't seem to work
Need a debug log (wiki) AND a @logfile - leave either a vclean or vscan running for 5 minutes then ctrl-c and upload both files. If this is a recent miappa Raspbmc build, its possible a newclock3 videoinfoscanner commit could be looping.
$HOME/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
Is that what you are looking for?

(2014-06-07, 08:43)MilhouseVH Wrote: Need a debug log (wiki) AND a @logfile - leave either a vclean or vscan running for 5 minutes then ctrl-c and upload both files. If this is a recent miappa Raspbmc build, its possible a newclock3 videoinfoscanner commit could be looping.
Yes, with debugging enabled. Also add @logfile=/tmp/tc.log to your texturecache.py command line. Try the command that isn't working and then after a few minutes upload both files (xbmc.log and /tmp/tc.log) to pastebin.com.

Without these log files I don't have a clue what is going wrong, my guess right now is that you're hitting a bug in XBMC.
I ended up reinstalling raspbmc as it wouldn't boot after shutting it down. After I did that texturecache ran fine. Thanks!
I get this error message when trying to run the script in Windows 8.1, XBMC 13.1

Code:
C:\Python33>texturecache.py c
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python33\texturecache.py", line 7253, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "C:\Python33\texturecache.py", line 6995, in main if not checkConfig(argv[0]): sys.exit(2)
  File "C:\Python33\texturecache.py", line 6659, in checkConfig data = jcomms.sendJSON(REQUEST, "libPing", checkResult=False, useWebServer=True)
  File "C:\Python33\texturecache.py", line 1720, in sendJSON data = self.sendWeb("POST", "/jsonrpc", json.dumps(request), {"Content-Type": "application/json"}, timeout=timeout)
  File "C:\Python33\texturecache.py", line 1688, in sendWeb raise httplib.HTTPException("Remote web host requires webserver.username/webserver.password properties")
http.client.HTTPException: Remote web host requires webserver.username/webserver.password properties
Seems pretty self explanatory to me - set your username/password properties.
HI Milhouse,

I forcing my recache on my movies artwork but somehow it stopped because it couldn't connect to my ftp server (which i use as my shared library as well as artwork)

Did my "python texturecache set" with the output of "texturecache jd movies" and all went smooth (i have all my artwork local).

But my forced caching was interrupted. Can I start from where it stopped? Perfhaps use something like:
Code:
python texturecache.py C movies @where.moviename >= "Star.Wars"

Thanks

BTW I'm on Win 7 sp1 64bit machine
Image Image
(2014-06-22, 10:44)redglory Wrote: But my forced caching was interrupted. Can I start from where it stopped? Perfhaps use something like:
Code:
python texturecache.py C movies @where.moviename >= "Star.Wars"

You can try adding "@filter.operator=greaterthan" - the default filter.operator is "contains". Unfortunately there is no "greaterthanorequal" operator, so you'll need need to fiddle about with the initial movie value, something like the following should work:
Code:
texturecache.py C movies "star war" @filter.operator=greaterthan

Quick way to test and confirm which movies are/would be selected (on Windows):
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies movies "star war" @filter.operator=greaterthan | find "title"

List of filter operators:
Code:
"contains",
"doesnotcontain",
"is",
"isnot",
"startswith",
"endswith",
"greaterthan",
"lessthan",
"after",
"before",
"inthelast",
"notinthelast"

You can also specify the field used for the filter, using @filter=<field>, eg.:
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies @filter=dateadded @filter.operator=greaterthan "2014"
texturecache.py jd movies @filter=audiolanguage @filter.operator=is "fre"
texturecache.py jd movies @filter=audiocodec "truehd"

The default @filter is "title".

Refer to the JSON RPC API for the available movie filter fields.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17