[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-07-13, 05:36)gargamon Wrote: In all my cases the addons were installed correctly and had tha jpg's and png's in the proper location. The files in cache indicated in the "s tmz", etc queries did not exist. I simply copied the files (and renamed them) to the proper place in cache and full joy.

OK, so what you're saying is that you have rows in the database but the corresponding files (cachedurl) are not in the cache?

This would make sense if there are problems writing the artwork files into the cache (Thumbnails folder), and would suggest the image conversion (resizing etc.) is failing for some reason, after the database row is inserted. Maybe there's something peculiar about the artwork being used by this addon?

By the way, "./texturecache.py X" will identify any Textures13 database rows that do not have a corresponding cache file. And "./texturecache.py Xd" will automatically remove these rows from the database.

To identify cached artwork that is no longer referenced by the database , use "./texturecache.py r", and to automatically remove this artwork use "./texturecache.py R".

(2014-07-13, 05:36)gargamon Wrote: I would have thought that "addons c tmz" should have fixed this, but for sure "addons C tmz" would write the missing image file, but they did not.

It should have, but if XBMC can't write the file to the cache then that's a problem and not one the script can solve.

As a test, remove the artwork from the cache (remove from both Textures13.db and the Thumbnails folder), restart XBMC, enable debug logging (and CURL component debugging, if available in your XBMC build) and then browse to the TMZ addon icon/fanart in the GUI. Can you confirm if you still have the same problem, ie. no artwork displayed for the addon? If so, there should be errors present in the XBMC log.

It would be useful to know why XBMC is failing to cache these artwork files, it could be a jpeg/png format issue, and/or could be dependent on the device you are using for XBMC (R-Pi, Android, x86 etc.).

If you could upload a full debug log (wiki) that would be great, although it's almost certainly an XBMC-related issue (which would be confirmed if XBMC fails to update the cache via the GUI) and should probably be addressed in the general help section.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-07-13, 07:53
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617