[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-08-01, 15:44)uNiversal Wrote: @Milhouse

The user nistsio is reporting issues with duplicates, I suggested he uses script form clenaing up and sorting his library http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200919 so these errors are unrelated to his reported issue of dupes, since nistsio is also new user personally Ill give him some latitude which I think he may overcome when gets more familiar with XBMC and other tools, though not reading/undertsanding things seems to be in the way.

Well, that background info would have been useful first time around. Smile

Sure, the script will help clean up his cache
Code:
./texturecache.py Xd
./texturecache.py R
./texturecache.py P

but it can't fix communication problems or scraper meta-data errors which he also seems to be getting.

If a scraper is creating bogus entries, it should be possible to view those entries with "./texturecache.py jd movies <moviename>". It might be useful to use this option on the movie library to ensure their is only one version of the movie, not two, although I'm not sure why Search would show two versions but the library only one, unless the database is corrupted somehow (duplicate links)?

Another way to identify duplicates is:
Code:
./texturecache.py duplicates

which will match duplicate movies based on imdbnumber.

At best, texturecache.py can only give an indication that the media library - from a JSON perspective - is correct, or not. If there is some internal MySQL query being executed by Search that returns duplicates then JSON - runing a different query - may not reveal this issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-08-01, 16:49
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617