[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
@pgjensen: I'm a bit confused. You're trying to update the local texture cache for a client, when that client isn't switched on?

OK... I'm pretty sure that's not possible, unless the Textures13.db file and Thumbnails folders are both network accessible for each client, but then what client are you using to update the Textures13.db and Thumbnails folder - your headless server?

Can you explain in a little more detail how you have this working?

The "Linux" folders not being created (by what - the Linux client? Or the headless server?) suggests a basic permissions/configuration issue. If it appears to be working, ie. artwork is being cached, then the "Linux client" is caching its artwork somewhere else, and not where you think it is being cached.

You could try uploading your texturecache.cfg and the texturecache logfile while pre-loading the cache for one of your Linux clients and I'll take a look, but I really don't think this is something that can be made to work without a lot of faffing about.

You're better off just waking each client from suspend, using the client to pre-load it's own cache, then putting the client back to sleep. No need to put the database and folders on the network, which is not good for performance anyway.

Or refresh the local texture cache (Textures13.db+Thumbnails folder) using rsync from a "master" texture cache whenever the Linux clients boot, it will only take a few seconds to sync each time. Of course this does assume that all clients have the exact same imageres/fanartres configuration, which isn't a problem when each client manages their own cache.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-09-10, 08:48
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617