[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-09-17, 20:57)raspberry_pd Wrote: I hope the problem is not due to me being stuck with all my watched statuses, and media library metadata, in an old XBMC database format. I loosely remember reading that the XBMC database schema changes often enough to be a ball ache (at least, when using an external MySQL db, which I'm not).

Backing up and restoring your movie/tvshow watched statuses is fairly straightforward:

To backup the watched statuses of an existing library:
Code:
./texturecache.py watched movies backup movies.dat
./texturecache.py watched tvshows backup tvshows.dat

Rescan/rescrape a fresh library, then restore your old watched statuses:
Code:
./texturecache.py watched movies restore movies.dat
./texturecache.py watched tvshows restore tvshows.dat

It can be quite slow to restore the status unless you're running a recent Helix (in which case it's much quicker!)

(2014-09-17, 20:57)raspberry_pd Wrote: I'm very happy to tweak away at curating my library to present it as cleanly as possible, just need the skills/tools Smile Sounds like Artwork Downloader might be worth a shot, thanks again.

Give AD a go, it should (in theory) help fill in some of your tvshow blanks.

Also try running "./texturecache.py qa tvshows @qaperiod=9999" - this may flag up missing artwork (and possibly other issues).

(2014-09-17, 20:57)raspberry_pd Wrote: Speaking of local artwork, I'm interested in using your mklocal.py again though I remember the syntax was somewhat involved and I certainly don't remember it now, it's been a while Smile
Yeah, it's a bit fiddly to get going but once you have it working it's something that I think can be quite useful. mklocal.py can convert your existing original remote artwork (if still available) to local, and can also assign any new local artwork (logos, clearart, discart etc.) it finds in your filesystem to your movies/tvshows. Any artwork no longer available remotely or found locally will be removed from the media library (unless you want them kept) allowing addons (such as AD) to repopulate the library with fresh artwork.

If you're not sure of the options, run "./mklocal.py -h". Have a look at the previous posts on mklocal, and if you get stuck then ask.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-09-18, 20:09
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617