• 75(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-05-07, 08:09)Montellese Wrote:
(2014-05-03, 23:58)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-24, 08:57)Montellese Wrote: Thanks for the report. I'll see what I can get into Gotham. Most likely we will have to hard-code it to do a "keep" action as that's what makes most sense. Yes it differs from the previous behaviour but the previous behaviour was crazy. It's not acceptable to remove all items from a source just because the NAS is offline.

AudioLibrary.Clean is not affected as I've only adjusted the videolibrary cleaning to handle whole sources being offline.

Just a gentle reminder as it looks like this functionality didn't make it into Gotham. Smile
Yeah I've looked into it before Gotham but it was not that easy to fix due to the nature of the video library cleaning implementation so I had to postpone it to after Gotham.

I guess we'll have to stick with this inconvenient behaviour then...
Image Image
(2014-09-30, 23:40)redglory Wrote: I guess we'll have to stick with this inconvenient behaviour then...

It's fixed by PR5324, although this hasn't yet been accepted into Helix master (it's in my OpenELEC R-Pi test builds). When it lands on master (and the updated JSON API version is confirmed) I'll push an update for the script that allows you to enable the progress bars should you want them for some reason (they'll be disabled by default).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Nice! Thanks
Image Image
Is it possible to execute vscan for just movies or tvshows ?
You can pass the directory to be scanned, typically I'd use this to scan a specific Season folder when a new episode is added, but you could try using the root of your movies or tvshows folder and see how far that gets you.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That's how I use it on my script. But vclean without prompt would be great! Smile
Image Image
XBMC is not picking up an album cover. When I press "i" for album information it shows the correct album cover, the same when I navigate to the folder following the "Files" section. But the album cover doesn't show on the library nor when the album is being played. I've tried removing temporarily the Album cleaning, purging, and adding back with no changes, any idea?

The JSON query shows the thumbnail field empty:
pardu@john:~$ texturecache.py j albums "Rock And Roll Heart"
[
{
"albumid": 1790,
"artist": [
"Lou Reed"
],
"fanart": "image://http%3a%2f%2fassets.fanart.tv%2ffanart%2fmusic%2f9d1ebcfe-4c15-4d18-95d3-d919898638a1%2fartistbackground%2freed-lou-5097ae467abfd.jpg/",
"label": "Rock and Roll Heart",
"thumbnail": "",
"title": "Rock and Roll Heart"
}
]
@pardu: This is a scanner/scraper issue, you'll need to ask in the relevant scraper support thread as I can't tell you why an unnamed scraper is not finding any cover artwork. If it's the Universal Scraper for Music Albums that you are using, the support thread is here. Chances are it's a naming issue - cover.jpg has always worked for me.
I ran it from my main pc using @section=pi and it ran no problem... so seems it was just the pi running out of memory. thanks.

A question:

Since this is one of the best tools ever made for XBMC/Kodi and your now a member of Team Kodi are there plans to add your script to Kodi? as settings or an addon?

I know earlier i think Martjin mentioned making an addon out of it(if i'm not mistaken), but it is so usefull making it official seems like a no brainer.
No plans that I'm aware of, although I do include it as standard in my OpenELEC/RPi test builds and there is now an Arch package, although installation on *nix systems is already pretty trivial. Installing on Windows (and sometimes Windows users Smile) can be a bigger challenge...
(2014-10-04, 15:35)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 15:19)Wanderlei Wrote: I just move from 3.2.4 to 4.2, I have one small question. I would like to keep the ticks next to watched shows, I would like to know the name/location of the database or config file that keeps track of this and copy it across? Thank you.

You could use texturecache.py (see sig):
Code:
./texturecache.py watched movies backup movies.dat
./texturecache.py watched tvshows backup tvshows.dat

Replace "backup" with "restore" to restore the watched statuses from each file.

Please continue discussion in the texturecache thread, or in one of the many threads that ask a similar question, or start a new thread in the General discussion section. If you require further OpenELEC 4.2 support, start a new thread.

This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Problem though, I run the script but I get no output file. I have never scanned TV or Movies inside XBMC, so I dont think it has these databases. I just have simple folders under the Video tab. It remembers watched states of these, so it must be stored somewhere. Is there a command I can run to get them out?
Not with this script, which is designed to work with libraries. I don't really think there's a solution for what you want, other than extracting the data directly from the database where I think it's stored against the path.
I tried moving the 'path' table from old database to new but it didnt work, also tried the 'bookmark' table, no go either. Bugger.

Is the 'myvideos.db' the correct database for watched state?
(2014-10-04, 19:46)Wanderlei Wrote: I tried moving the 'path' table from old database to new but it didnt work, also tried the 'bookmark' table, no go either. Bugger.

Is the 'myvideos.db' the correct database for watched state?

You've also got the playCount and lastPlayed columns on the file table.

Note that you almost certainly won't be able to copy these tables directly from one database to another, as the keys in the new database are almost certainly going to be different to the keys in the old database. You'll need to create some sort of extract and load process. Though if you don't have movie or tvshow libraries, why do you need to re-create the database at all?
I just have a ridiculous amount of half watched tv series and such, so I just wanted to keep track what I have already watched.

I think I will accept defeat and just write down the ones I care about the most and just do it manually in the new installSmile
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17