[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
wow, what an awesome thread to stumble on. so much info.

Ok, so I have it installed as stated in post #1199, and it seems to be working. Any ideas on a test to run first?

Some info on my setup:
I have media server that holds all movies and tvshows. Seperate folders for all Movies and TV shows. Media has .nfo files and art saved in each folder.
I am using MySQL5.7 shared DB running Win2k8, and have 7 Win7 htpc's that currently run XBMC Gotham release, and a Pi. Local shares in XBMC use smb://MEDIA-SERVER/Videos/Kids 12 and Under/Movies/ paths. (4 others)

I understand that this script is not changing anything in MySQL, just the textures13.db file for the installation on that local machine I run this on. Correct?

Once this DB is cleaned up and fixed on this PC, I have a personal .bat file that updates all boxes with the new textures13.db file, and a restart of XBMC locally.

My last question (promise) - with a new setup, what would be a good place to start to run this script? The posts I see here have a lot of passing variables that seem unique to their setup.

This is a copy of the texturecache.cfg I wrote following the first few pages of posts:
Code:
userdata = C:\Users\Mychale\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = Thumbnails/
xbmc.host = localhost
webserver.port = 8080
allow.recacheall = yes
rpc.port = 9090
download.threads = 6
qaperiod = 9999
checkupdate = yes
orphan.limit.check = yes

Thank you for your work, time, and continued assistance btw, I am amazed at how this started out as a simple tool for yourself and it grew into this.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Mychale - 2014-12-31, 06:58
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617