• 87(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
for every row the script tries to cache the error gets +1 http://i.imgur.com/O8OLvTG.png
i turned on debug and i get this:
10:21:30 T:3120 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
10:21:33 T:9320 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 4 times.
10:21:34 T:9320 DEBUG: CJoystick::Initialize : No Joystick found
10:21:34 T:3120 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
10:21:34 T:9320 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
10:21:35 T:3120 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
10:21:35 T:9800 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://special%3a%2f%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fNinbora.Series_Feeder%2fLibrary%2fextant%20(2014)%2ffanart.jpg/
10:21:35 T:10192 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
10:21:38 T:9320 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 4 times.
10:21:38 T:9320 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
10:21:39 T:8536 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
10:21:39 T:9320 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
10:21:39 T:10192 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
10:21:40 T:9320 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:21:40 T:9320 DEBUG: CJoystick::Initialize : No Joystick found
10:21:41 T:9320 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
10:21:41 T:4516 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:21:41 T:4516 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
10:21:45 T:10816 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 6 times.
10:21:45 T:10816 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://special%3a%2f%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fNinbora.Series_Feeder%2fLibrary%2fbanshee%20(2013)%2ffanart.jpg/
10:21:46 T:10192 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc

what does it mean?
Hi, brilliant continued work, got a couple of quick questions ( stoopid ones maybe)

1. what is mklocal.py and where can i get hold of it?
2. Is Texturecache.py only amending entries within the texturecache.db ( as i opened up the myvideos90.db) and within the movieview table column C08 contains 10000's of references to thumbs located from tmbd, imdb etc etc. I've spent some time with ember media manager, collecting all artwork locally, i was hoping that all of the links pointed locally

thanks
Mark
(2015-02-11, 10:26)hasamba Wrote: what does it mean?

The url it's trying to cache is:
Code:
image://special://userdata/addon_data/Ninbora.Series_Feeder/Library/extant​ (2014)/fanart.jpg/

I've no idea what a "special://" url is, and it doesn't look like it's cacheable (at least not by JSON) so you probably want to make the texturecache.py script ignore such urls by adding "cache.ignore.types=+^special" to texturecache.cfg.

Also make your console window wider, and the progress line will stop scrolling...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-11, 10:29)ghost832 Wrote: Hi, brilliant continued work, got a couple of quick questions ( stoopid ones maybe)

1. what is mklocal.py and where can i get hold of it?
2. Is Texturecache.py only amending entries within the texturecache.db ( as i opened up the myvideos90.db) and within the movieview table column C08 contains 10000's of references to thumbs located from tmbd, imdb etc etc. I've spent some time with ember media manager, collecting all artwork locally, i was hoping that all of the links pointed locally

thanks
Mark

1. It's in the tools folder of the texturecache.py git repository. It allows you to save/load artwork locally.
2. The Texture Cache database is Textures13.db. Your media library is MyVideos90.db. If your media library is referencing remote (internet) artwork you could use mklocal.py to download existing artwork to local, or replace existing remote artwork with local, read back through this thread for examples of usage. However this won't apply to actor/cast artwork which is probably what your 10000's of references apply to, as there's currently no JSON API to manipulate cast thumbnails.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-11, 10:39)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 10:26)hasamba Wrote: what does it mean?

The url it's trying to cache is:
Code:
image://special://userdata/addon_data/Ninbora.Series_Feeder/Library/extant​ (2014)/fanart.jpg/

I've no idea what a "special://" url is, and it doesn't look like it's cacheable (at least not by JSON) so you probably want to make the texturecache.py script ignore such urls by adding "cache.ignore.types=+^special" to texturecache.cfg.

Also make your console window wider, and the progress line will stop scrolling...

thanks for the quick response,

all my sources use "special" folder (http://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol), it's a relative path for xbmc folders, in that way i can move my installation through different computers.

thanks anyway
Ah right.

In that case it's a failing in either the JSON, webserver or VFS interface, so if you're interested in a fix you should report this in the General or JSON section. The media library has a reference to special:// for your artwork, so the webserver should be translating special:// and serving up the artwork (which is then cached). You'll no doubt have similar problems viewing your artwork on iOS/Android remotes.
(2015-02-11, 10:44)Milhouse Wrote: 1. It's in the tools folder of the texturecache.py git repository. It allows you to save/load artwork locally.
2. The Texture Cache database is Textures13.db. Your media library is MyVideos90.db. If your media library is referencing remote (internet) artwork you could use mklocal.py to download existing artwork to local, or replace existing remote artwork with local, read back through this thread for examples of usage. However this won't apply to actor/cast artwork which is probably what your 10000's of references apply to, as there's currently no JSON API to manipulate cast thumbnails.

thanks for the clarification, will check out mklocal.py, are there instructions for usage? e.g mklocal.py --help? or a readme about its use?

thanks
Mark
(2015-02-11, 20:52)ghost832 Wrote: thanks for the clarification, will check out mklocal.py, are there instructions for usage? e.g mklocal.py --help? or a readme about its use?

Yes there's "mklocal.py --help", but no readme as such - it's been referenced several times throughout this thread with often fairly detailed descriptions of how it can or should be used. Use the thread search box to track down the relevant postings.
ignore this test pls
@Milhouse

can you please add a function (if not already implemented) to delete all artwork in the media directory that is not referenced in the kodi database....for example: delete poster.jpg because <moviename>-poster.jpg is referenced (and exists) in the db

that could solve a lot of problems ive experience with 3rd party media tools like "mediaelch" or "ember media manager"
I won't be adding that kind of function, mainly because I think it's potentially dangerous, and if it were to be added it would have to be added to mklocal.py as texturecache.py has no direct access to the artwork files in your media library.

There's probably easier ways to identify incorrectly named artwork that can be deleted from your media library than using these scripts.
(2015-02-13, 02:17)Milhouse Wrote: There's probably easier ways to identify incorrectly named artwork that can be deleted from your media library than using these scripts.

im thankful for every advice Wink

at the moment i spent a lot of time to fix nfo files and scrape artwort in 3rd party tools....only to find out that there're still wrong artwork/nfos in my media library in kodi :-(
If you're naming the artwork correctly, you shouldn't have wrong artwork in your media library. I don't have this problem and I use Ember.

Perhaps give a concrete example of one movie that has this problem - show what metadata is in your media library (texturecache.py jd movies <movie-name>) and also what files for the movie you have in your filesystem.
probably dumb question but ill ask anyway,
if im working with a centralized sql version, is it enough to run texturecache on one of the client or should i run it on each?

thanks
Depends on what you're doing. If you're pre-loading the cache this needs to run against each client as the cache is local to a client. You can run the script centrally, and specify the ip address of each client.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17