[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-02-19, 16:02)Computer Joe Wrote: Is there somewhere I can find a NOOB version set of instructions on how to download and run mklocal.py?

No, sorry. It's been discussed (at length) several times and a quick search of this thread should give you enough detail to get you on your way. A write up would be nice but not something I've gotten around to.

(2015-02-19, 16:02)Computer Joe Wrote: I downloaded mklocal using the curl command using the same syntax used to download texturecache.py but when enter "./mklocal.py --help" I always get the following message: "./mklocal.py: line 4: syntax error: unexpected newline
"

It would have helped enormously if you'd mentioned the exact command you used to perform the download. I can only imagine you've downloaded a web page instead of the source code. Take a look at what you've downloaded, does it look like Python code or HTML?

Anyway, I've tested the following and it works:
Code:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py/master/tools/mklocal.py -o mklocal.py
chmod +x ./mklocal.py

(2015-02-19, 16:02)Computer Joe Wrote: I accidentally deleted all the clearlogo artwork from my media folders but the links to the files still exist in the MySQL database which I am assuming is preventing Kodi from re-downloading the missing artwork. From what I have been able to interpret I think that the mklocal.py script can help me resolve this problem.

Yes, it should help clean that up - you'll want to use "--artwork clearlogo --nokeep" as parameters so that any logo artwork which can't be found locally, and which can't be downloaded from a remote site, will be marked for removal.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-02-19, 16:38
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617