• 91(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-02-26, 10:11)Milhouse Wrote: 1. It's only going to be updated when you execute lc, not c.
2. Disable the PVR functionality in Kodi. Or execute "c <class>" sequentially, for whatever classes you want to update.

1. i did, couldnt see it updated, ill try again.
2. i dont want to disable the pvr, im using it, im just getting errors when running texturecache (i should post a log), i though there is an oprion to exclude classes..

thanks
2. No option to exclude classes. A log would be handy, yes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-15, 11:04)Milhouse Wrote: Can't say without a log from the script - enable with @logfile=c:\tc.log (but don't paste it in the forum, use pastebin).

here is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/psmwjgsgm

im guessing the problem is with unicode (hebrew)

thanks
Could you narrow down what you think the problem is?

I'm seeing a lot of PVR artwork that is resulting in errors from kodi when an attempt is made to cache the artwork - you should be seeing errors in kodi.log for these requests which might give more detail. It doesn't look like a Unicode problem as most of the errors I looked at had no Unicode component, it just looks like the artwork isn't available to be cached, so either a problem with your setup (missing artwork), a permission problem (not available to Kodi) or junk urls (report the problem to the addon author).

Examples:
Code:
C:\Users\Yaniv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.israelive\logos/95bd7acaa104d9ef0564e4793aa22a6d.jpg
C:\Users\Yaniv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.israelive\logos/AB Moteurs/

The first one has no Unicode component, and is used by several channels. All attempts to cache this artwork result in an error, so my guess is the artwork file doesn't exist, or is not accessible to Kodi.

The second one, that looks like a directory not an image file, so maybe a bug in the addon which has inserted a garbage url for the logo artwork. Have a look at "texturecache.py jd pvr.tv AB\ Moteurs" and confirm what urls this channel is using, are they junk?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just like to say thanks for the awesome script. My thumbnails folder was over 13GB, managed to clean out nearly 10GB of orphaned files.;
(2015-02-28, 16:04)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: Just like to say thanks for the awesome script. My thumbnails folder was over 13GB, managed to clean out nearly 10GB of orphaned files.;

Thanks, appreciated. Smile

@hasamba:

One other observation:

Code:
C:\Users\Yaniv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.israelive\logos/95bd7acaa104d9ef0564e4793aa22a6d.jpg
C:\Users\Yaniv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.israelive\logos/AB Moteurs/

Look at the forward and backward slashes - they're mixed up. You should report this to the addon developer and ask them to fix their bug (the path separator needs to be chosen based on the existing path type not the current OS platform). It's not necessarily a problem, but it certainly doesn't help, and can result in less efficient caching (when the artwork is available).
(2015-03-01, 02:24)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 16:04)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: Just like to say thanks for the awesome script. My thumbnails folder was over 13GB, managed to clean out nearly 10GB of orphaned files.;

Thanks, appreciated. Smile

@hasamba:

One other observation:

Code:

Look at the forward and backward slashes - they're mixed up. You should report this to the addon developer and ask them to fix their bug (the path separator needs to be chosen based on the existing path type not the current OS platform). It's not necessarily a problem, but it certainly doesn't help, and can result in less efficient caching (when the artwork is available).

ill notify the developer, thanks
Are there any specific/specialized configuration steps that need to be followed for setting this up to work on a Fire TV that leverages a MySQL implementation for its libraries?

Thanks
Not that I'm aware of.
We have some old bug coming back.

Initiating clean with script, kills video playback totally again, not long ago that was fixed. Video freezes and audio just keeps on going
(2015-03-03, 01:31)uNiversal Wrote: We have some old bug coming back.

Initiating clean with script, kills video playback totally again, not long ago that was fixed. Video freezes and audio just keeps on going

Testing with latest Kodi master (OpenELEC, Pi2), and a vclean can sometimes provoke stuttering, and also video slow down, maybe because of CPU loading or network bandwidth? Additionally, while cleaning, if you press Pause there is no reaction from the GUI until the library clean is complete. Maybe due to the video database queueing changes (PR6406)?
@uNiversal: I went back through my test builds and can confirm that the library clean problems start with build #0218 which is when the video database queueing functionality is first included. @Montellese has added a comment to PR:6406 so hopefully there will be a fix in due course. Thanks for pointing it out.
(2015-03-03, 15:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 01:31)uNiversal Wrote: We have some old bug coming back.

Testing with latest Kodi master (OpenELEC, Pi2), and a vclean can sometimes provoke stuttering, and also video slow down, maybe because of CPU loading or network bandwidth? Additionally, while cleaning, if you press Pause there is no reaction from the GUI until the library clean is complete. Maybe due to the video database queueing changes (PR6406)?

correct pressing pause has no effect. Its not cpu as there is PLENTY as GPU is being used. and netwrok bandwith for this content being low low bitrate SD content GPU accelerated bandwidth isnt and issue either, unless it requires more than it should to do a clean etc.

(2015-03-03, 16:49)Milhouse Wrote: @uNiversal: I went back through my test builds and can confirm that the library clean problems start with build #0218 which is when the video database queueing functionality is first included. @Montellese has added a comment to PR:6406 so hopefully there will be a fix in due course. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thx, one can only hope at this stage.
hi,

just discovered this util, and that

texturecache.py j sets

lists all my movie sets, and the associated artwork.

since movieset art set/change is a manual process in the GUI, and one whose changes do not propagate to other clients via shared mysql db, can texturecache.py be used to set the art (specifically that used in Movies/Thumbnail view) for all existing moviesets to a single /path/to/image.png?
@Milhouse

Looks like a fix been submitted, havent tested yet, but its good going in any case, saw your commnet on the github.

Thx for the assist.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17