• 94(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Same file i've always used. Had it stored in my backups. I always just let it run an update on first install. The file I just showed the results for was downloaded from git just an hour ago, but I went ahead and did a save as directly from the code source and ran a chmod +x on it again. Same results...

osmc@osmc:~$ ls -la texturecache.py
-rwx--x--x 1 osmc osmc 308370 Mar 16 17:58 texturecache.py

osmc@osmc:~$ md5sum texturecache.py
a2d0e1c6585141e4241f30fed21f2c2c texturecache.py

edit: Ok, just did a wget and better results
osmc@osmc:~$ ls -la texturecache.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 osmc osmc 300608 Mar 16 18:06 texturecache.py
osmc@osmc:~$ md5sum texturecache.py
3fccb179b5694cd806420261f6b7292e texturecache.py

edit2: file is now working fine locally, still can't run S,s,R,r from remote location. Fatal again
(2015-03-17, 03:04)gardnerd4me Wrote: edit2: file is now working fine locally

So the script now runs under OSMC? Great.

(2015-03-17, 03:04)gardnerd4me Wrote: still can't run S,s,R,r from remote location. Fatal again

The f, F, r, R, S, X and Xd options will only work when run locally, or when run against a mounted userdata folder, as they require direct filesystem access to the Textures13 database and Thumbnails folder of the client.

Either run these options locally on the OSMC client, or run them remotely on your Mac once you have mounted the OSMC userdata folder on the Mac and configured the script with the appropriate Mac-to-OSMC userdata path (@userdata=). Whether the latter is possible with OSMC depends on OSMC... does it have an SMB or NFS server with which to share or export directories?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse,

Recently my recache artworks script has become awfully slow. (texture.py C)
It used to run in 3 minutes and it is now taking more than 30 minutes.

I have recently changed my OS from Windows 7 to 8.1 so it maybe related.
I am recaching at less than 1 per second rate versus 25+ before
Could you please advise so I can get back to reasonnable times.

I am using Windows 8.1 x64
Python 2.7.9 x64

Added to advanced settings
<jsonrpc>
<tcpport>9092</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>

My texturecache.cfg

And the beginning of my log

If you have any clue, many Thanks in advance
3 minutes to recache all art? Either you have a supercomputer or only 20 items in library.

On other comments, why would you want to force recache all items over and over again?

Ok seriously now.. try increasing the number of threads used?
(2015-03-17, 12:49)RazorFR Wrote: And the beginning of my log

I'll need more of the log to be able to comment - the snippet isn't enough to comment on timings, I'm afraid

(2015-03-17, 12:49)RazorFR Wrote: If you have any clue, many Thanks in advance

Did you update Kodi as well? Any errors in kodi.log? Is the original artwork local or remote (internet)?

Although as uNiversal points out, 3 minutes to recache an entire library is crazy quick, unless you're only re-caching a handful of items. Are you sure it's actually slower than it was before, and you're not imagining that it previously took only 3 minutes?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi both

Thanks for the quick feedback
The log is huge and far exceed pastebin limit, here's the latest lines before I killed the script if it can help.
+ Kodi log

Kodi is up to date 14.2
I am positive it is way slower than it was (it was recaching at more than 20 items per second, now it looks like 2 then 1 sec pause then 2 more etc... And the rate displayed by the script is below 1 per second.
But not a big deal, it works in the end and I rarely need to recache all items.
6th
Sorry guys incorrect post just searching the thread
hello im new to xbmc/kodi and i would like to install this, i have a fire tv with spmc 14.1

i just don't get it, can some please guide me

Do i download python to use the command line and connect to my fire tv?

i downloaded texturecache and changed it to texturecache.cfg but i don't know what to do. Do i put texturecache file into my userdata, then use adbfire to execute it. if so can someone tell me what i have to type in the command line.

if anyone han help i would really appreciate it
I have a Cmd.exe script that updates my RPI's artwork caches. I would like it to only update the RPI's that is not currently in use.

What is a good way to do this? Can I use your tool only or do I need curl/json? I think checking ScreenSaver Active or System Idle would be a good solution.
(2015-03-21, 07:40)nero25 Wrote: hello im new to xbmc/kodi and i would like to install this, i have a fire tv with spmc 14.1

i downloaded texturecache and changed it to texturecache.cfg but i don't know what to do. Do i put texturecache file into my userdata, then use adbfire to execute it. if so can someone tell me what i have to type in the command line.

Are you trying to run the script from a Windows machine? First, download and install Python: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.9/...-2.7.9.msi

Download Texture Cache Maintenance utility from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Milhou...recache.py

You also need to active the Webserver on port 8080 in Kodi on your Fire TV. It's under Settings -> Services.

Then open a Cmd.exe prompt where the texturecache.py file is located and run your command, for example (replace 192.168.0.4 with your Fire TV IP):

Code:
texturecache.py @xbmc.host=192.168.0.4 c movies

You can create a config file called texturecache.cfg (it is not needed for a default installation) and put in some lines there, like

Code:
xbmc.host = 192.168.0.4
(2015-03-22, 20:02)Polygon Man Wrote: I have a Cmd.exe script that updates my RPI's artwork caches. I would like it to only update the RPI's that is not currently in use.

What is a good way to do this? Can I use your tool only or do I need curl/json? I think checking ScreenSaver Active or System Idle would be a good solution.

You can parse the output of "texturecache.py status" to determine if the client is in use or not.
(2015-03-22, 20:11)Polygon Man Wrote:
(2015-03-21, 07:40)nero25 Wrote: hello im new to xbmc/kodi and i would like to install this, i have a fire tv with spmc 14.1

Are you trying to run the script from a Windows machine? First, download and install Python: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.9/...-2.7.9.msi

Download Texture Cache Maintenance utility from: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Milhou...recache.py

You also need to active the Webserver on port 8080 in Kodi on your Fire TV. It's under Settings -> Services.

Then open a Cmd.exe prompt where the texturecache.py file is located and run your command, for example (replace 192.168.0.4 with your Fire TV IP):

Code:
./texturecache.py @xbmc.host=192.168.0.4 c movies

You can create a config file called texturecache.cfg and put in some lines there, like

Code:
xbmc.host = 192.168.0.4

i'm trying to run the script from my firetv with spmc/kodi do i put texturecache.py in userdata?

also thank you for answering my questions
(2015-03-22, 20:11)Polygon Man Wrote:

Code:
./texturecache.py @xbmc.host=192.168.0.4 c movies

You can create a config file called texturecache.cfg and put in some lines there, like

Code:
xbmc.host = 192.168.0.4

i'm trying to run the script from my firetv with spmc/kodi do i put texturecache.py in userdata?

also thank you for answering my questions
No, texturecache.py doesn't need to be in userdata, it can be anywhere (ie. your home directory). I don't know if Python is installed as standard on FireTV, I assume it is but if not I've no idea how you install it - you could instead just run the texturecache.py script on another machine (ie. Windows desktop) and remotely access your FireTV as suggested by @PolygonMan.

If you have Python installed on your FireTV then all you need to do is download texturecache.py now, add the execute permission (chmod +x ./texturecache.py) and run it. You don't need a texturecache.cfg file for a default installation.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17