• 99(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
I've pushed v1.9.5 which should fix this, it's actually a problem with Python 3.3 (and maybe earlier, but not Python 2.7.x), which doesn't like the last exception - in this case, socket.error("timed out") - to be raised once the exception has gone out of scope... at least, that's the best way I can describe it. The fix is fairly easy, just make a note of the last exception so that it remains in scope... a bit hackish, but meh.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-30, 23:23)aderlopas Wrote: Great, Many thanks. Please also take note that it would still not work without specifying the following in advancedsettings.xml:

<jsonrpc>
<compactoutput>false</compactoutput>
<tcpport>9090</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>

I've no idea why you think you need this. The default tcp port is (or should be) 9090, so isn't required, and the <compactoutput>false</compactoutput> flag is most definitely not required, nor is it recommended.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-30, 23:41)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-05-30, 23:23)aderlopas Wrote: Great, Many thanks. Please also take note that it would still not work without specifying the following in advancedsettings.xml:

<jsonrpc>
<compactoutput>false</compactoutput>
<tcpport>9090</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>

I've no idea why you think you need this. The default tcp port is (or should be) 9090, so isn't required, and the <compactoutput>false</compactoutput> flag is most definitely not required, nor is it recommended.

You are right, it works without it as well.

Sadly it does not work for my Kodi 15.0 on Minix Neo X7 though...will have to troubleshoot more there
Hi,

Just tried it on my mobile after having created second profile.
I renamed the Master Profile to "Mobile" and then created another profile called "Home" which has the direct link to MySQL.

I am trying to run the script:

c:\python34\python texturecache.py c @xbmc.host=g3 @rpc.port=9090 @rpc.ipversion=4

But it gives the following error:

ERROR: Profile "Master user" is not valid!

Will there be a chance to amend the script so that it supports multiple profiles and we are able to specify the profile to do caching for?

Thanks and regards
It does support multiple profiles, see post #1155.

If you've renamed the Master profile, you'll now need to include "profile.master=<name of your master profile>" in your configuration file, or on the command line - the default master profile name is "Master user", hence the error now that it's called something else...

Just be aware that profile switching in Kodi is flaky, with plenty of bugs that won't be fixed any time soon.
(2015-05-31, 23:08)Milhouse Wrote: It does support multiple profiles, see post #1155.

If you've renamed the Master profile, you'll now need to include "profile.master=<name of your master profile>" in your configuration file, or on the command line - the default master profile name is "Master user", hence the error now that it's called something else...

Just be aware that profile switching in Kodi is flaky, with plenty of bugs that won't be fixed any time soon.

Many thanks, it works now (following he command):

c:\python34\python texturecache.py c @xbmc.host=g3 @rpc.port=9090 @rpc.ipversion=4 @profile.master=Mobile @profile.name=Home

Just for being complete, you might want to amend your post #1155 with the following information which is not there:
If you've renamed the Master profile, you'll now need to include "profile.master=<name of your master profile>" in your configuration file, or on the command line
I run it just fine using profile.name = XXX. I have set the master and secondary profile name in Kodi, and have no issue with making connection to either profile. I never had to use profile.master=. Not sure how you are renaming, but it works just fine as long as you set a name to each profile through the GUI in Kodi.

Here is my config if it helps put it in perspective. The pi3 is master profile and pi2 is secondary on the same machine. pi1 is stand alone (shared mysql with pi2).

Code:
rpc.ipversion = 4
allow.recacheall = yes
cache.castthumb = yes
prune.retain.types = castthumb
qafile = yes
qaperiod = 9999
qa.warn.urls = ^video
extrajson.movies = file

[pi1]
xbmc.host = 10.0.1.5
userdata = /Volumes/osmc/.kodi/userdata
dbfile = /Volumes/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = Thumbnails/
download.threads = 4

[pi2]
xbmc.host = 10.0.1.10
profile.name = Dan
userdata = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata
dbfile = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata/profiles/Dan/Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata/profiles/Dan/Thumbnails

[pi3]
xbmc.host = 10.0.1.10
profile.name = Charlie
dbfile = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/
(2015-06-01, 22:59)gardnerd4me Wrote: I run it just fine using profile.name = XXX. I have set the master and secondary profile name in Kodi, and have no issue with making connection to either profile. I never had to use profile.master=. Not sure how you are renaming, but it works just fine as long as you set a name to each profile through the GUI in Kodi.

Here is my config if it helps put it in perspective. The pi3 is master profile and pi2 is secondary on the same machine. pi1 is stand alone (shared mysql with pi2).

Code:
rpc.ipversion = 4
allow.recacheall = yes
cache.castthumb = yes
prune.retain.types = castthumb
qafile = yes
qaperiod = 9999
qa.warn.urls = ^video
extrajson.movies = file

[pi1]
xbmc.host = 10.0.1.5
userdata = /Volumes/osmc/.kodi/userdata
dbfile = /Volumes/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = Thumbnails/
download.threads = 4

[pi2]
xbmc.host = 10.0.1.10
profile.name = Dan
dbfile = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata/profiles/Dan/Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata/profiles/Dan/Thumbnails

[pi3]
xbmc.host = 10.0.1.10
profile.name = Charlie
dbfile = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = /Volumes/osmc-1/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/

Yes, it works indeed. Related to your question, please note that I am following the below guidelines to rename the profile:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Portable_dev...d_profiles
Ah, I see now. I couldn't figure out why you would rename the master profile. Makes sense in that light.
Code:
Cache pre-load activity summary for "addons/agenres/vgenres/albums/artists/movies/sets/tvshows":

|    banner   |    fanart   |    poster   |    thumb    |  thumbnail  |    TOTAL
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Deleted       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Duplicate     |     5946    |     6195    |     5946    |     114     |      15     |    18216
Error         |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Ignored       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |     287     |     287
Not in Cache  |      -      |     921     |     765     |      -      |     230     |     1916
Season-all    |      9      |      15     |      79     |      -      |      -      |     103
Skipped       |     116     |     373     |     608     |     5474    |     126     |     6697
Undefined     |      -      |     253     |      -      |      -      |     216     |     469
==================================================================================================
TOTAL         |     6071    |     7757    |     7398    |     5588    |     874     |    27688

Loading: 00:01:22.21
       Parsing: 00:00:10.18
     Comparing: 00:00:34.72
TOTAL RUNTIME: 00:02:08.11

This is the result for me of the command
Code:
./texturecache.py nc
is ok?

I don't understand the summary
I'm not in danger Skyler, I'm the danger! A guy opens his door and get shot, and you think that's me? No, I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!

Ember Media Manager lover...
(2015-06-11, 15:49)brunosso Wrote: is ok?

Looks fine, says you've got 1916 items that aren't in your cache - what don't you understand?
(2015-06-11, 19:53)Milhouse Wrote:

Looks fine, says you've got 1916 items that aren't in your cache - what don't you understand?

i think that 18216 duplicates are a problem. Thanks
I'm not in danger Skyler, I'm the danger! A guy opens his door and get shot, and you think that's me? No, I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!

Ember Media Manager lover...
(2015-06-11, 19:59)brunosso Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 19:53)Milhouse Wrote:

i think that 18216 duplicates are a problem. Thanks

Quoted from a post a few pages back.

(2015-05-16, 04:39)Milhouse Wrote: Depends. You'd expect a lot of duplicates for tvshows (as tvshow artwork is repeated at season and episode levels), but maybe not so many duplicates for movies.

Your preload activity is for your entire library. To get a better scope, try running nc on on just movies, just tvshows etc.
Can I use this to reload all tv shows and episode info/artwork? Like pressing reload on a tv show info screen and choosing to using local nfo.
Not sure I understand your question, but yes you can use it to reload all tvshow artwork by using texturecache.py C tvshows (remove and recache). You will probably be prompted to allow recache all in your config file though. If you want to change from tmdb to locally stored images though, it's probably best to change content in Video->Files->TV Shows-> ... here you can remove and then re-add your tv shows using only local content. Then use texturecache.py c tvshows to recache your images. Then purge to clean up the leftover crud.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17